I'm done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barnstormer

Reaction score
Excited for my MSRP July Order, October build, Dec 3 Release, Dec 31 shipped AG 802A SCREW to be on a train headed to Texas, ETA Jan 21-26. Thought I'd drop by my dealer, say hi, and see if they knew exactly where the truck was. Dealer pulled up my vin and ETA moved to middle of February. Called FP and they show the truck still at Ramp 58 and a new ETA of the middle of February, last time I called FP (last week) they said the truck was on the rail car, gave me the car number, and gave me the ETA of next week. I'm tired of the deceit [the action or practice of deceiving someone by concealing or misrepresenting the truth] by Ford. Had two King Ranches before, and two Raptors. Add to this the crazy list of problems the few Raptors in the wild are having, many still with transmission problems, and I’ve decided the '17 is looking more and more like a lemon. And I can't take a lemon to Alaska.

Guys I sure hope I’m wrong. Like I said I had two Raptors before this one, the baddest, sexiest truck alive. Still the sexiest, time will tell if it's the baddest because it works or the baddest because it doesn't. The Gen 1 and Gen 2 are still the coolest looking trucks ever produced in the U.S., the Gen 1 is fantastically reliable and I wish I hadn't sold mine. But enough is enough, I think the 'verse is telling me to stay away from the '17, so I am.

I'm 99% sure the dealer won't let the person who buys my truck get it for MSRP, all the other 31 they have coming (already had their first and only so far which was metallic and sold for $5k over) are $5k over as far as I know. But if someone would like to contact my salesman PM me and I'll give you his contact info.

Extremely pissed I took another look at the King Ranch today but the '17 Ford Trucks are just plain ugly, as are the '17 Chevrolet trucks. In my 61 years on this earth I've only owned Ford trucks but what a disappointment this year. Took a look at Dodge and the ’17 Ram Rebel looks pretty sharp so I pulled the trigger. It’s certainly not a Raptor, but it’s the third best looking truck on the market behind the Gen 1 and Gen 2. And I got it for $2k under invoice, and its at the dealer, pick it up tomorrow after noon or Wednesday.

I will be writing a letter to Ford, CEO to CEO, they’ve done a horrible job in the customer service department with their flagship truck.

Guys (and Gals) I sure hope you all get your trucks ASAP and they work without issue, I sincerely mean that. But I’m afraid when the 15,000+ that Ford has held back hit the streets this forum and others will go mad. I sure hope not. Good luck all.

Attachments

• IMG_7558.jpg
    IMG_7558.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 237

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't blame you a bit--I ordered July 30th, and I have not even been scheduled yet. I have also had 2 Raptors ('13 & '14 SCREW's), and loved them. Will still be waiting to see what happens with my order. I also purchased a new 2017 Rebel a few days ago; have put almost 300 miles on it and I just love it. You are right, it is no Raptor. But with the air suspension, unique looks, and pretty well set up for most off road use, I think you'll love it too. Certainly a tremendous value in comparison--I got mine for a year end special for world's largest Chrysler dealer, and got $10,000 off sticker. For low $40,000's, it's a tremendous vehicle--you're going to be happy. Awesome limited color you're getting too, congratulations!

D

Deleted member 12951

Kinda wish that Ford cared, unfortunately they most likely don't. I ran into delays on my 14' and it didn't matter that I had a case and two different CS managers working on it, neither cared one bit. Their customer service center is outsourced to non-Ford employees who care even less.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Put in a word for us other guys with pre orders for fall availability. My dealer deleted my beadlocks without informing ne. When I figured that out he said if I want them he would have to re order another truck. Not waiting again. Ordered in September, FS said mid February. Still waiting, this in my 3rd Raptor, probably my last.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man sorry to hear your plight. I understand the frustration, don't be too hard on Ford, because most dealers are the same doesn't matter if your spending $20,000 or $200,000. They all lie and suck.

Just enjoy the Dodge for a year or two, then get a Raptor after all the BS has worn off. Think of all those nice new features the trucks arriving now don't have.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
All of you cancelling your orders are VERY lucky!!!! This is one truck mess to stay away from!

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Best of luck. Great farewell. I totally understand the frustration that has been voiced by very many potential owners. LIke they say whatever happens happens for the best.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't blame you a bit--I ordered July 30th, and I have not even been scheduled yet. I have also had 2 Raptors ('13 & '14 SCREW's), and loved them. Will still be waiting to see what happens with my order. I also purchased a new 2017 Rebel a few days ago; have put almost 300 miles on it and I just love it. You are right, it is no Raptor. But with the air suspension, unique looks, and pretty well set up for most off road use, I think you'll love it too. Certainly a tremendous value in comparison--I got mine for a year end special for world's largest Chrysler dealer, and got $10,000 off sticker. For low $40,000's, it's a tremendous vehicle--you're going to be happy. Awesome limited color you're getting too, congratulations!

If you havent been scheduled yet that almost certainly means your dealer put in an order they do not have an allocation for or youre really far down their list.

Last edited:

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only way to stop shady dealers and the "deceit" is to stop buying their products. Ford needs to learn a huge lesson and get a tighter grasp on their dealer network, prodcution process and what looks like quality control issues. In reality this launch is embarassing for FORD. All the money spent on the media, marketing and hype to promote a Halo vehicle is being completely dilluited by the poor dealer service and purchasing expereince.

Listen up FORD... a great product will only get you so far. Today's consumer is more educated and they have a louder voice. Your competitors are catching up and it will show. Wasn't too long ago that FORD was a complete joke with. Let's not go back and keep moving forward. I'm hopeful that by mid year the process of ordering a Raptor will be better...

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on a cool looking truck! Sorry to hear about your fiasco. I also thought about waiting till MY2018. Maybe you'll get into a G2 in late Fall/early Winter this year?