How to Find a Raptor on a Dealer Lot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, just fixed a glitch with the Autotrader scanning so just added about 70 more entries.

I also updated it so that you can select just active listings. Just select the "Active" checkbox. if you don't see an "autotrader" or "cars" link you know there aren't any active listings for that VIN.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found one that matched and called the dealer. Price = $2.5k under MSRP. Salesperson said they would call me back after checking with GM. New price = $7.5k over MSRP. Knew it was too good to be true.

OP
OP
P

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been using this and emailing some of the dealers with most if not all saying they want at least $5K ADM. Hope this changes sometime soon.

Might be wishful thinking, but it looks like Ford is really starting to crank these out a lot faster now. I think that's going to change the demand a bit because there will be more sitting on lots. A month ago when I first started looking all my matches were sitting less than a week. Now I have matches that have been sitting on lots for 3+ weeks. The way I see it is every day I get closer to finding another dealer who has a match, convincing a dealer to let one go for cheap, or having my actual order be built. Time isn't really on the dealer's side here.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

One of the fun things I've found from all this data mining is when VINs get listed multiple times.

2017 Ford F-150 Raptor #41366 for sale in DeSoto, TX

Used 2017 Ford F-150 For Sale | Lewisville TX | Stock# 7287

These both appear to be the same vehicle except the second link has 81 miles on it and is listed as "pre-owned". Cannot even imagine that as even when dealers buy from each other they're still usually called new. Best part is they're asking $12.5k over MSRP for the now used vehicle.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These both appear to be the same vehicle except the second link has 81 miles on it and is listed as "pre-owned". Cannot even imagine that as even when dealers buy from each other they're still usually called new. Best part is they're asking $12.5k over MSRP for the now used vehicle.

As long as a car/truck has not been titled it is new, regardless of miles....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk