Extended warranty and other dealer options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAMU98

Reaction score
My '17 just arrived at the dealership and I stopped by to check it out and start the paperwork. I got hit by all the upselling of extended warranty, tire/wheel protection, windshield repair/replacement, and dent/ding repair. I normally don't buy into extended warranties and other types on extra insurance, but this is my first Raptor.

The way the sales guy described the original warranty was 36 months/36k miles limited warranty. The first 12 months/12k miles was unlimited no questions asked type warranty. After that, it has to be proven that the part or problems was defective or installed improperly. They offered me an unlimited warranty of 60 months/75k miles with rental and road side assistance for $3893. After an hour of questions, the rep for the warranty company happened to be there and came in. He offered me an 84 month/75k mile unlimited warranty for $2606 ($50 deductible).

I plan to drive my truck and try to hit off road events when I can (Texas Raptor Run, Raptoberfest, etc). Is the extended warranty worth it? Any burning up turbos yet?

Some other things offered
Tire and wheel coverage - 5 yrs for $500 (will pay $150 per tire and $400 per wheel)
Windshield repair or replacement - 5 yrs for $595
Paintless dent repair - twice a yr for 5 yrs for $425
Key replacement - 5yrs for $425

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
For me, it is no to all of the above. If you bought everything your bill is $4551.00. That is a chunk of change. The extended warranty can be had for much less. Search on here I believe they go for $1800 or less. Look at what is excluded on the warranties not what is covered. The exclusions are their scapegoat for not paying. The factory warranty is 3ys/36000 bumper to bumper. Unless they can prove abuse or modification it is covered.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Check out floodfordesp.com

I got my last Raptor warranty from them and will be getting another one for my 2017 from them. Way cheaper than what the dealership can offer. My dealership said the price was so good, that they couldn't match it and I should get it from Flood.

Also this is a Ford Extended Warranty, not some other make shift insurance plan where you have to get approval for everything.
Once you purchase it, all Ford dealerships across the country have it in their computer systems.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out floodfordesp.com

I got my last Raptor warranty from them and will be getting another one for my 2017 from them. Way cheaper than what the dealership can offer. My dealership said the price was so good, that they couldn't match it and I should get it from Flood.

Also this is a Ford Extended Warranty, not some other make shift insurance plan where you have to get approval for everything.
Once you purchase it, all Ford dealerships across the country have it in their computer systems.

Did you every use the warranty from floodfordesp? Thinking about this option when I get close to 36,000 miles.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Actually yes I just did in January. I had a front shock leaking on my 13. Took it in and they inspected it, ordered the new shock, and replaced it no questions asked.
That 1 repair alone almost paid for the entire warranty.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Omg these guys are trying to rob you blind!!! I got a 6 year 100k miles no deductible for 1500. And the only reason I did is for the motor and new tranny. Oh and the led light replacement was a nice bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ballz10spd

Reaction score
Did you every use the warranty from floodfordesp? Thinking about this option when I get close to 36,000 miles.

With all the tech in my 802a SCREW I am definitely gonna look into this. I turned down the dealers pressures but I fully intend to drive this thing like I stole it on most occasions and that 10 speed tranny and those turbos are probably quite expensive.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont know where you guys shop but Flood is where its at.

6 year/ 75K miles for under $700. (even 100K miles is under $1000)

I dont keep cars past that so Im good to go.