Did my l truck die or shut off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I was sitting at idle for about 30 minutes today (AZ - 110 degrees) and my engine shut off. Is this normal or something I should wonder about?

I turned it right back on my pushing the take and the start. Just curious. First for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a timer for how long the truck will sit running idling. You can adjust it in your dash screen advanced settings.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is the auto shutdown. under advanced settings u can turn it off. it will re enable after every start. there is no way to shut it off completely yet.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is the auto shutdown. under advanced settings u can turn it off. it will re enable after every start. there is no way to shut it off completely yet.

if you are talking about the auto/start/stop there are two ways to defeat it. One is to download the FORScan software and do it that way or, the one I did. There are some grey modular plugs under the drivers side dash just above your pedals slightly to the left. Unplug the bottom one. That turns off the auto.start stop. I have had mine unplugged for about 1,000 miles no side effects. Someone on here said a Ford tech told him about it. Great solution to an annoying feature.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are talking about the auto/start/stop there are two ways to defeat it. One is to download the FORScan software and do it that way or, the one I did. There are some grey modular plugs under the drivers side dash just above your pedals slightly to the left. Unplug the bottom one. That turns off the auto.start stop. I have had mine unplugged for about 1,000 miles no side effects. Someone on here said a Ford tech told him about it. Great solution to an annoying feature.

clearly said AUTO SHUTDOWN. not the auto start stop. i did forscan to my truck too. there is no way that we know of yet to disable auto shutdown. and i even tried talking to the local pd mechanic. they said the k9 units just turn it off like i do for my kids. note i didn't believe him.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets be positive about this "feature": Each auto shutdown saves a baby seal, or incubates a baby eagle!

My GenJuan actually cleans and purifies the air so there is no 30 minute auto shutdown featu required by the EPA.

** Reference the YT video where a gas powered leaf blower pollutes more and the 6.2L is actually scrubbing air cleaner than it was before.

Back to my (CO2 free) rathole,

Last edited:
OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everyone... Didn't know these trucks had Auto-Shutdown... Usually not an issue for my life but noticed it today

(not Auto Start/Stop...mine is disabled w/FORScan).

Living in the desert I feel like a dog or small child might lead to a good lawsuit for ford on this one and while it's dumb to leave the in a running vehicle it's kind of still normal around here on occasion.