600 miles and love it!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Perauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after reading this forum I was scared shitless for the first 100 miles of driving my new truck!!
I know a few people have had issues with there trucks, but this is my 5th Raptor and its by far the best one yet.

I ordered mine with out sunroof, but is a 802A,beadlocks,heated wheel and tailgate step. I waited 7 months .

-Weight of truck, feels better than Gen1
-10 speed shifts fine but needs to learn your driving
-Sync 3
-New floor mats nicer than weather techs

Dislikes
-water gets caught on upper ledge of windshield
-Auto start stop
-Sport mode holds gears to long ,once you let off gas-
- Front grill harder to mount light

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I didn’t use sport much for the 1st 1800 miles or so, but I’ve been using it as my go to lately and I’ve found that sport will upshift if you hold the throttle perfectly steady - like you’re merging onto an interstate, nail it, hold at about 70 or so, it’s nowhere near as long of a gear hold as say when I’m trying to navigate some traffic or on a back road.

congrats.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you know i thought it was really weird ford made the grill stationary on 2nd gen body style. for winches, lights, ease or access or work. it makes perfect sense to have it lift out of the way.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I too am one of the few who doesn't like Sport Mode on the truck... I love Normal Mode with the Pedal Commander on Sport +1 or 0.... Sport just feels like the tranny hangs...

I agree with your likes/disllikes... love the Raptor Floormats but man they show everything... wish they were more forgiving for just a little bit of dirt.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
hey Jet,

I had a really odd thing happen to me at a 4 way stop
Normal mode, pedal commander city +1. I was trying to roll through and the guy to my right tried to jump the line on us. I hard braked, then rolled a few feet, then hard braked to an incomplete stop.

I floored it (4a) to get out of the intersection and she just sat there thinking about what gear to be in for what seemed like a full second before even moving.

I’ve experienced this ‘pause’ when the truck jams into a way higher gear than it should be in - 10th at 40mph for example. If you stab the throttle, it has a very distinct lag between throttle application and gear selection.

Have you experienced anything like this?
I don’t get that reactive lag in sport and I’ve been getting better mpg in sport !

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have never experienced a delay in 'finding a gear'... It definitely jumps way down in gears if you punch it while moving but haven't noticed anything like you have said. I haven't really punched it with the PC but will give it a shot when i get my truck back Friday.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive not experienced anything weird like that, but Ive not jammed on brakes then nailed the throttle either.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Ive not experienced anything weird like that, but Ive not jammed on brakes then nailed the throttle either.

Yeah, not my preferred driving style, but I dislike collisions far more.

Only other time I’ve had anything like that was in the dirt at Raptor Assault in normal mode when stability control cut my power for like a second while we were “a little” sideways.

I’m going to try and replicate this later this week I think, it’s kind of disconcerting to depress the throttle and nothing happens.