2017 vs 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The biggest and best difference without a doubt is the new key fob. From what I've been told from ford performance the weight and sleek design will potentially increase mpg and off-roading capabilities as well a nice boost in HP. It has been on a dyno as of yet with the new key fob sitting in the truck so nothing to prove all of this yet, but it's coming. Also heard be ready for a huge update on key fob 2018.5, best upgrade ever I was told.

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big upgrade to adaptive cruise control.

It's supposed to lock onto a vehicle and actually stop and then resume in stop and go traffic.

Also, I don't think you can drive a 2018 F-150 with adaptive cruise option directly into a wall anymore. I think it's supposed to stop on it's own.

Also has some kind of pedestrian detection thing too that pre-charges and/or slams on the brake with some kind of heads up display on the windshield.

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's supposed to lock onto a vehicle and actually stop and then resume in stop and go traffic.

Also, I don't think you can drive a 2018 F-150 with adaptive cruise option directly into a wall anymore. I think it's supposed to stop on it's own.

Also has some kind of pedestrian detection thing too that pre-charges and/or slams on the brake with some kind of heads up display on the windshield.

Glad I didn't opt for the "Tech" pkg - if I'm that stupid, I shouldn't be driving.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only through at&t and my phone does the same thing. ;)

I'm sure I'm missed a few more things as well.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Not sure if it has been confirmed, but consensus was stop-start cruise was not available on Raptor, at least according to original pricing and spec sheet.

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Single piece air inlet from filter to turbos is all I can add to list posted above...thread with pics in this Gen 2 section...

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another minor thing, but I just read elsewhere that the adaptive cruise control now works with the trailer brake controller. Previously you couldn't use it while towing.

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another minor thing, but I just read elsewhere that the adaptive cruise control now works with the trailer brake controller. Previously you couldn't use it while towing.

That's not accurate. We use it all the time while towing, as that's actually almost what it is best for when you are stuck in the slow (RH) lane allot behind slower vehicles...have to believe it is exact same system from what I have read.