Toyo RT or MT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jblakesmith

jblakesmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I had read before, but reread to see where someone stated that using a 9" wide wheel the max offset should be +6. This would mean I stick with the +20 over the +1. I was just wanting to get everyone's opinion on tire bulge and where the set up I've previously mentioned using the 37 x 12.50 toyo mt may be relative to fender lip. I was hoping to be flush or slightly protruding. Thanks again.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I had read before, but reread to see where someone stated that using a 9" wide wheel the max offset should be +6. This would mean I stick with the +20 over the +1. I was just wanting to get everyone's opinion on tire bulge and where the set up I've previously mentioned using the 37 x 12.50 toyo mt may be relative to fender lip. I was hoping to be flush or slightly protruding. Thanks again.

Here is a 12.50 Nitto Trail (measures 13" wide) on a 9" wide wheel with a +0. Just a little poke. I personally like the flushness of the +20 with a MT tire. But to each his own

Attachments

• IMG_0580.jpg
    IMG_0580.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 184
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 240
OP
OP
jblakesmith

jblakesmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! That looks great! Let me know if you find any pics of +20 using a 9" wheel. Going to be a tough decision on this offset as well. Thanks again for all the help and support! Much appreciated!

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! That looks great! Let me know if you find any pics of +20 using a 9" wheel. Going to be a tough decision on this offset as well. Thanks again for all the help and support! Much appreciated!

9" at +20. This would be my choice. I personally don't like the wheels sticking out that much

Attachments

• 20140809_141751.jpg
    20140809_141751.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 222
OP
OP
jblakesmith

jblakesmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U da man! Looks great as well. Looks like the tire is flush or maybe a hair outside off top fender edge? If so, I agree that I'm leaning toward the +20 using a 9" wheel. Thanks again as you've been a great help along with the entire frf fam. Btw, happy new year everyone!

plick1221

Reaction score
jblakesmith i am having the same issue with deciding to go with 20 or 1 offset. I am thinking of going the +20 route.

HTXRaptor

Reaction score
my choice would be the m/t, yes it may be noisier/rougher but everyone's tolerance is different. People told me that mts would be too loud/uncomfortable for a daily driver especially coming from K02's, but honestly it doesn't affect me at all. Plus it looks way better!