**** Cepek Fun Country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

As many of you have read... I’ve been doing a lot of research about my next tires on my Gen2. The Gen2 hasn’t been around the block and so again I turn to the Gen1 experience.

I am looking for an aggressive AT or AT type hybrid tire. I’m not a huge fan of the BFG KO2... they drive nicely, but they are wearing quickly and I’m not sure they do anything spectacularly. Good all around tire.

Anyway... the Falken AT3W, Good Year Wrangler Duratrac have been in the running with me leaning towards the Falkens...

I recently have been reading about the Fun country tires and they look pretty aggressive and have an M+S rating which isn’t the snowflake but it’s pretty good... snow worthy is a must for me.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with the sickness cepek tires?

Thanks

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Fun Country tires on my old Chevy. Pretty good all around tire with a unique aggressive look. Not the top dog in deep mud or snow but they never left me stranded.

Worth a try if the price is right.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How were they on the road? Noise?

Snow traction is important for me, but just as important is winter weather handling. Tracking straight.... stopping... lateral stability so I’m not fish tailing down the highway when I’m in the slush.

I’ve had tires where I can get forward traction, but I can’t stop and I can’t keep straight on the road in the snow.

Thoughts?

I had Fun Country tires on my old Chevy. Pretty good all around tire with a unique aggressive look. Not the top dog in deep mud or snow but they never left me stranded.

Worth a try if the price is right.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guy,
I've had a fair amount of experience with the new Fun Country. I've about 10,000 mile on my Gen 1 and they are wearing well. I have the ceramic balancing beads and think that it's a huge difference from the traditional lead balancing weights.
I had the original Fun Countries on a couple of trucks years ago; the original Armstrong Norseman tread pattern. Hands down the BEST sand tire ever. Then they changed the tread pattern to the Fun Country 11. Overall ok, but not a s good in the sand. Now the rebirth of the Fun Country as a more aggressive tire. Slightly better in the sand than the FC 11; but still not nearly as good as the original FC's.
All have been very good in wet/snow and dry conditions. The original FC's would pack up with mud and were pretty much useless. The FC 11's were much better in the mud, but still just good. The new FC's are also just good in mud...
99% of my offroading has been in deep soft sand on the beaches of eastern LI, NY. From hooning as a kid, dating, surfcasting, teaching my kids to drive a standard, watching the stars, and taking my kids surfing. Thousands of hours driving in the sand. I am still a novice in mud however.
Snow? I went to college in Maine, and lived in the UP of Michigan. Between them I've skied virtually every mountain in the NE, as well as all of the ski areas around Salt Lake. Lot's of snow driving. The better the siping and tire compounds, the better the traction. The original FC's were very good in snow, as were the FC 11's. We'll see how the new FC's perform this winter...

Eddie
The new FC's are definitely louder than the originals which were quieter than the FC 11's

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate all the advice and feedback.

The fact is.... the buck stops with the tires... and the right rubber for the right application makes a world of difference.

I’m probably still between the Falkens and the Duratrac right now.

The current Fun country look gnarly, but I have a feeling they aren’t going to be as practical for me for on-road winter driving.

Guy,
I've had a fair amount of experience with the new Fun Country. I've about 10,000 mile on my Gen 1 and they are wearing well. I have the ceramic balancing beads and think that it's a huge difference from the traditional lead balancing weights.
I had the original Fun Countries on a couple of trucks years ago; the original Armstrong Norseman tread pattern. Hands down the BEST sand tire ever. Then they changed the tread pattern to the Fun Country 11. Overall ok, but not a s good in the sand. Now the rebirth of the Fun Country as a more aggressive tire. Slightly better in the sand than the FC 11; but still not nearly as good as the original FC's.
All have been very good in wet/snow and dry conditions. The original FC's would pack up with mud and were pretty much useless. The FC 11's were much better in the mud, but still just good. The new FC's are also just good in mud...
99% of my offroading has been in deep soft sand on the beaches of eastern LI, NY. From hooning as a kid, dating, surfcasting, teaching my kids to drive a standard, watching the stars, and taking my kids surfing. Thousands of hours driving in the sand. I am still a novice in mud however.
Snow? I went to college in Maine, and lived in the UP of Michigan. Between them I've skied virtually every mountain in the NE, as well as all of the ski areas around Salt Lake. Lot's of snow driving. The better the siping and tire compounds, the better the traction. The original FC's were very good in snow, as were the FC 11's. We'll see how the new FC's perform this winter...

Eddie
The new FC's are definitely louder than the originals which were quieter than the FC 11's