Who has supercharged their raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navyman8903

Reaction score
I am thinking it may happen one day, just because of how I am.

I know typically in a performance car that superchargers decrease your fuel range, it is science.....I read it, in a book.

I have heard though, that trucks (If you can keep your foot out of it) get a slight increase in fuel range. Has anyone had those results? Or is it just a steep drop off, like anything else?

It will probably make or break my decision. If it does I will probably only do intake, exhaust, and a tune for power mods. I am already supercharging/building up the BULLITT.

USNCORPSMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My raptor isn't supercharged but I had a Saleen S331, which is the 5.4 supercharged. Even with my foot out of it the best I could get on the highway was 12-13mpg lol

OP
OP
N

navyman8903

Reaction score
I have a 6.2 with a Roush supercharger and if I'm extremely easy on the gas I can get over 18 mpg.

Do you think it helps in the mixed driving? Getting up to speed and less time in the power band? And 18 is pretty good from what I am hearing, especially with a TVS on there.

I know these are silly questions, but I am only a 7 Year MA1 (NAVY E6), so I don't get paid loads of money.....you know.....to support my expensive ass habits.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you think it helps in the mixed driving? Getting up to speed and less time in the power band? And 18 is pretty good from what I am hearing, especially with a TVS on there.

I know these are silly questions, but I am only a 7 Year MA1 (NAVY E6), so I don't get paid loads of money.....you know.....to support my expensive ass habits.

Yeah that is a good possibility I suppose, because it was previously slightly under the 18 mpg before I put the 4.88 gears in. I predicted the exact opposite expecting mpg's to drop, however was pleasantly surprised.

OP
OP
N

navyman8903

Reaction score
Yeah that is a good possibility I suppose, because it was previously slightly under the 18 mpg before I put the 4.88 gears in. I predicted the exact opposite expecting mpg's to drop, however was pleasantly surprised.

Wow, 4.88's?!?!?!?! I put 4.10's in the mustang and thought I was a bad ass.

I can't believe your mpg's didn't drop off. How much top end speed did you lose? or can you still (theoretically of course) get it to 120ish?

USNCORPSMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No such thing as a silly question MA1! Need to be thorough if you're gonna spend that kinda dough! 7yr 1st class...very nice! Takes forever in the HM rate