Stealth Black Raptor R initial thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rezttu

Reaction score
Here’s a picture of my R for some eye candy.

Aside from all of the glorious wonderfulness that comes with this truck and spending what most here spent on it, two things have bothered me after owning it for 1k miles. Yes it’s my daily driver, and I drive quite a bit.

1. Day to day daily driving, it’s a bit sluggish, the truck just wants to be floored if you really want to feel what you spent your money on, otherwise I dare say my 2021 eco boost for daily driving might have been better. The Pro is when you punch it, it’s glorious, but are we all here flooring our raptor r every chance we get? Probably not. Think Tesla plaid, I’ve owned one, and that shit gets old.

2. Fuel economy, but before you even think about “wtf is a guy that buys this truck care about fuel economy for, stupid”. True I don’t care about mpg, but I care about range, my gen3 got 13mpg and a tank of gas got me 450 miles. I miss that. This truck gets me 340 miles on a full tank, that’s atrocious, maybe I’m spoiled, but I do not want to go to a gas station every 2 days, it’s a waste of my time. It’s a huge negative for me. What happens when the apocalypse comes and I can only go 340 miles on a single tank of gas? Survival for the fittest my friends.

Anyways this truck is dope but I am curious what other owners think of what’s been bothering me about my ownership experience
IMG_0742.jpegIMG_0738.jpeg

Last edited:

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I saw and posted a pully upgrade for the R, just don't remember where I found it. Might be an option but it will hurt your 2nd problem. Worse gas mileage.

Maybe get a shiτbox for the day to day and use the R on the weekends or a few less days a week at the least.

Edit: the stealth wrap looks good.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck looks baller AF! :happy160:

Hopefully Cobb will come out with a tuner package for the R. A good TCM tune should remedy the "sluggish" problem you are having. The stock transmission tuning on these 10-speeds is atrocious if I'm honest. I was mortified when I first drove my Gen2. Tune took care of that and all is right with the world now.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw and posted a pully upgrade for the R, just don't remember where I found it. Might be an option but it will hurt your 2nd problem. Worse gas mileage.

Maybe get a shiτbox for the day to day and use the R on the weekends or a few less days a week at the least.

Edit: the stealth wrap looks good.
Guy just blew $130+ on a truck, 6-8k on a wrap, wheels/tires/lift and a few k on more on some bumpers and lights. If he can't afford another nice car to daily he needs a financial advisor and maybe a therapist.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rezttu

Reaction score
Guy just blew $130+ on a truck, 6-8k on a wrap, wheels/tires/lift and a few k on more on some bumpers and lights. If he can't afford another nice car to daily he needs a financial advisor and maybe a therapist.
Haha, that's harsh my guy. A Raptor is the best all around daily in my opinion, regardless of budget, I want to drive it everyday. The R is making me question that a bit. I do have another nice car, it demotes the R to a daily..

Attachments

• IMG_0791.PNG
    IMG_0791.PNG
    287.2 KB · Views: 207

Aleja_333

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stealth wrap looks pretty good on the Black color.

I debated with getting an R for a while and sometimes I still do, but your two points are exactly why I still have my EB. Unless you're flooring it all the time, the R is just another Raptor with good exhaust notes.

And the range...currently I'm averaging 16 mpg which gives me over 550 miles of range. That is bonkers and something I don't want to let go. So, I think the EB will stay with me for a while, maybe do a Stage 2 at some point and get a bit more power.