GEN 1 Truck turns over but won't start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 33,200 miles on the clock and twice within the week it's not started for me. Both times it's been the same symptoms, truck was driven then parked. Upon trying to restart the truck it turns over but won't fire. PATS looks to be disarming as when the key cycles to ON the light stops flashing. I've now confirmed that I do not hear the fuel pump priming. I've checked the fuses but nothing is blown so I'm guessing maybe a relay??? Having it towed to the local Ford Dealer which is suspect so I'm optimistically hoping for the best. I'll post an update as I didn't find anything quite like this on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you actually pull fuse # 27 to look at it (and where it plugs in for signs of melted plastic) or just do a quick visual inspection of it while under the hood ?

OP
OP
Hasty

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, pulled fuse #27 not burned or melted. At the dealership and luckily it's not firing for them either. Should have some more info on Monday.

OP
OP
Hasty

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck is back from the dealer, Service Advisor said the fuel pump relay melted. They bypassed it and we're able to get the truck running. They replaced the relay as well as TSB 15-0137 which is the relocation of Fuse 27.