How strong are the stock rods and pistons...???? - Raptor 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

groundpoundn2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for how much HP do you really think the stock Powdered rods n pistons can handle???

I am sure they will hold the Procharger setup but the question is for how long...

Do any of you have the Procharger setup with stock guts?

Just looking at the pros and cons and some feed back from folks that know and own the truck or just know a lot about that motor....

OP
OP
G

groundpoundn2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some GT500s make almost 1000hp on stock powder forged rods. Lightnings send the rod out the block at 475hp to 500hp.

Thanx for the great info but still undecided.....Sure would hate to put that procharger on it and see a rod give in....Also 6-7K is a lot for the install alone....

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What does Procharger tell you when you ask them?

If it were me I'd contact Edelbrock and ask them as that's whose kit I'd probably use.

What kind of lifetime are you looking for?

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All kits are designed to be safe and not blow up the motor. So as long as you don't change the headunit (regear or go bigger) or change pulley size on a centrifugal or port, regear, or change pulley size on a root or twin screw your motor will be fine. You should not have any problems. Also the calibration that comes with these kits is generally very safe. Also centrifugal superchargers and turbos are for lack of a better term easier on the motor then a roots or twin screw because you have to spool a centrifugal supercharger or turbo up and it gradually builds boost as compared to a roots or twin screw where you can full boost just off idle.
sent from ...... I don't know where I am.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean to post before that Edelbrock has already installed their blower kit into a 5.4L Raptor. You could contact them directly and inquire as to lifetime expectations.

Ford Raptor Ford Raptor SVT Ford Raptor SVT Pickup F-150 Ford Raptor SVT
Ford Raptor Ford Raptor SVT Ford Raptor SVT Pickup F-150 Ford Raptor SVT

Scottysspeedshop

A.D.D. VelociRaptor 600 Owner
Reaction score
I have a Procharger and have been told not to push it above 650 hp mine makes 520 rwhp and to be quite honest its a handful the way it is now.

OP
OP
G

groundpoundn2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Procharger and have been told not to push it above 650 hp mine makes 520 rwhp and to be quite honest its a handful the way it is now.

Is that with stock pistons and rods or a warranty from Hennessey besides the 1 Year / 12,000 Mile Limited Warranty? BTW what did they charge you for install and how long was the wait for install?

Scottysspeedshop

A.D.D. VelociRaptor 600 Owner
Reaction score
I bought the truck from them so Im not sure about install price or time and yes its with the stock piston a rods.As for the warranty it is 1 year /12000 but im not sure that covers everything if you blow it up my guess is no.I plan on doing a fully built motor so it really didnt matter a whole lot to me.Hell you void the factory warranty if you put a tune on it so its kind of a moot point.Its the chance you take when modding a new vehicle