Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

Ferrari California Vs Raptor supercharge

This is a discussion on Ferrari California Vs Raptor supercharge within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
A supercharged raptor launching in 4x4 is going to beat a Ferrari California off the line, and I'm not amazed ...

User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes

Sponsored By: GotExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #11 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

A supercharged raptor launching in 4x4 is going to beat a Ferrari California off the line, and I'm not amazed it kept it at bay until 80 mph

Cleave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

aka nosbusa

Mentioned: 388 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

i had a ferarri try to race me a couple days ago. put his ass to shame in 4th gear......

whats the point of racing the raptor on the street? try taking the ferarri out in the sand dunes and see which one is faster.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #13 (permalink)

Genetically Modified

Mentioned: 225 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by raptor_qatar View Post
Guys I own both these cars (look at the pics in my profile) the guy who was driving the raptor was my friend and that was his first time driving a raptor and that's why he launched it in 4X4.
I used launch control on the ferrari so there is no driver error and I have 25,000km on the ferrari so yes I can drive it.
The raptor is now 520 WHP and I ordered a pulley upgrade from jdm so I think the whp should jump to around 560

P.S tomorrow or after tomorrow I'm gonna race my brother in the 2013 M6 so look forward to that and I'm planning or racing my friends 450whp single cab gmc
P.P.S if you guys have any requests to see a race just message me because I have a lot of friends who want to race me
I'll take your word for it since you own both but Car and Driver clocked the Ferrari Califorinia at 3.7 seconds 0-60. Guessing you'd need about 1200 HP in the Raptor to match the power to weight ratio of the Ferrari. Maybe 4WD can overcome some of that disadvantage, but all of it?

EDIT: Shit, I was way off. Raptor would need 818 HP to match the Ferrari power to weight ratio. Those things weigh a lot more than I would have guessed.

Last edited by Madcowranch; 11-07-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Madcowranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #14 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Madcowranch View Post
I'll take your word for it since you own both but Car and Driver clocked the Ferrari Califorinia at 3.7 seconds 0-60. Guessing you'd need about 1200 HP in the Raptor to match the power to weight ratio of the Ferrari. Maybe 4WD can overcome some of that disadvantage, but all of it?

EDIT: Shit, I was way off. Raptor would need 818 HP to match the Ferrari power to weight ratio. Those things weigh a lot more than I would have guessed.
My old california, according my G-Analyst in the car would hit 0-60 in 3.6 seconds without launch control, every time, time after time.

A 525 hp roush setup will do it in 5.7 seconds. That's a different of just over 2 seconds by the time you hit 60 mph, or 185 feet in front of the Raptor.

Now yours might have more horsepower, but the weight will always get you in the end.

I'd pit my wife's lowly boxster S (the least HP car I own) against any raptor and will still smoke it by at least 80 feet to 60 mph.

so...whatever.

(edit) - on pavement ;-)

Old 11-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #15 (permalink)

aka nosbusa

Mentioned: 388 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

0-60..... 1.8

<-----------
Maxx2893 and USNCORPSMAN like this.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

You really need to drive a Whippled Raptor to understand what the 4x4 launch is all about.
I have yet to lose out off the light. But at 50 to 60 mph that's when the lighter vehicle starts catching up. And I can count that on one hand, most give up right away. LOL
They are probably saying WTF?

There are a bunch of videos on YouTube with Whippled Raptors showing the gauges, time them yourselves.

I get 4 sec. 0 to 60 mph

Whipple 700+ HP 800+ in the works, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,
Future Installs: Brembo Brakes 15" Gran Turismo

Last edited by MTF; 11-07-2013 at 01:34 PM.
MTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Just cause the California is faster to 60 doesn't mean it's even faster to 50 mph, he said he passed the raptor when he was doing 130 kph (just over 80 mph) and it looked as though he was going at least 5 mph faster than the raptor, think about the physics and math going on here and it makes sense
SwampKing likes this.

Cleave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

"Ferrari,more then you can afford pal"

Old 11-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #19 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
keep in mind that in your country it is a lot colder which helps improve horsepower especially for boosted cars (turbo supercharge).
and the company claimed 0 60 time is under best conditions.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

Originally Posted by RAPTORSV View Post
Man Qatar, what a sh*t hole.
I am not going to disrespect an entire country just for 1 idiot disrespecting mine.

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Originally Posted by ducatisps View Post
My old california, according my G-Analyst in the car would hit 0-60 in 3.6 seconds without launch control, every time, time after time.

A 525 hp roush setup will do it in 5.7 seconds. That's a different of just over 2 seconds by the time you hit 60 mph, or 185 feet in front of the Raptor.

Now yours might have more horsepower, but the weight will always get you in the end.

I'd pit my wife's lowly boxster S (the least HP car I own) against any raptor and will still smoke it by at least 80 feet to 60 mph.

so...whatever.

(edit) - on pavement ;-)
btw i added a video of my acceleration and from the video i could time it at 4.9 seconds and that is with old tires on a crappy road and whilst carrying a passenger.
since then i have installed full kooks dual headers and a better tune.
i am going to add another acceleration video after the tune i estimate around 4.2ish to 60mph
raptor_qatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #20 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Originally Posted by raptor_qatar View Post

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

I am not going to disrespect an entire country just for 1 idiot disrespecting mine.

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

You are right crap like that should not on the forum or any place.

Quote from Thumper:
"If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all"

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

And yes my 0-60 statement is when it's 40 degrees and lower.
When it 90+ out, I don't really push that hard, it's like I take a chill pill and let them go, no need to willingly hurt my truck.

Whipple 700+ HP 800+ in the works, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,
Future Installs: Brembo Brakes 15" Gran Turismo

Last edited by MTF; 11-08-2013 at 04:36 PM.
MTF is offline   Reply With Quote