A few of my vids from Glamis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
What can I say? I had an absolute blast this weekend and the truck ran better than I could've hoped for.....not to mention grabbed alot of attention at a packed Glamis sand drags. Here's a few vids we caught while there....enjoy the soundtrack:naughty:

One of maaaany runs down the sand drags, hitting 80mph, rain had come through the area so after a while the sand had a pretty thick consistency and had gotten pretty deep at the start....especially with all the high powered sand rails churning it up.
YouTube - Raptor at Glamis 2.MOV

Just a little fly by:)
YouTube - Raptor at Glamis 3.MOV

Don't watch this one if you get motion sickness, lol. A little shaky on this one but this was the highlight for me and my buddy......a 26mi. long full tilt run with rollers, flats, woops, jumps, you name it. This vid is just a section of it and I averaged about 60mph and got to 80mph a few times. This truck never ceases to amaze me.
YouTube - Raptor at Glamis 4.MOV

I'm also waiting on a few pics and vids from another friend so I'll post them up when I get them.

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome man, good to see people using this thing how it's made to be used.

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From purely a sound perspective the first video is just AWESOME! With the headers and muffler that thing just screams.
I can't believe the sound was from INSIDE the cab, good gawd!

The last video had me wondering how the schocks held up over the 26 continuous miles of 'rollers', did they suffer heat failure at all?

Also, how far can a person drive near the oceon down there, that looks like a pretty cool area?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Amazing videos SOCO!
I'd really like to see more videos of your truck in motion but from another vehicle. Do you know what I mean?

OP
OP
SOCOMech

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Very nice! Is that with the headers?

Yep, Kooks with high flow catted y-pipe, AFE and 5 Star tune.

From purely a sound perspective the first video is just AWESOME! With the headers and muffler that thing just screams.
I can't believe the sound was from INSIDE the cab, good gawd!

The last video had me wondering how the schocks held up over the 26 continuous miles of 'rollers', did they suffer heat failure at all?

Also, how far can a person drive near the oceon down there, that looks like a pretty cool area?

It did help with the sound that the windows were down as well but, either way, when you open it up, it just roars. The 26mi. trip was great and I didn't notice any difference in the shocks or handling. I didn't actually feel them but I didn't experience anything that had me wondering either. There's another section of Sand Hwy that actually has a ton more woops and would probably work the shocks even more.....this part was more smooth but with bigger rollers and such. Probably the most fun I've had in the truck so far. It's nowhere near an ocean though, lol, Imperial Sand Dunes takes up a gigantic area near the AZ./Cal. border.

Amazing videos SOCO!
I'd really like to see more videos of your truck in motion but from another vehicle. Do you know what I mean?

Hopefully you'll get to see a shot of me making a run down the drags, a friend of mine took a few vids from the sideline and said he would get them to me. I would love to have one from another vehicle while doing the sand hwy run. I had alot of people tell me it was awesome looking though, lol.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Peppercorn was commenting on the Salton Sea. I've never been to Glamis...how close can you get to the Salton Sea from the dunes?