South Dakota Black Hills Raptor Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
lol, You kids. I'm just sitting here shaking my head and wondering who we can get to watch all the chilren so we can come...

Pm me your email Aarons and I'll send you the Route.

One thing I will caution is to do some vetting before allowing anyone to come Wilson. The days of all welcome, are kinda over (Look at the Facebook page:crazy:) and a bad apple/squeaky wheel can spoil for all.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would love to make this one again @Wilson! Need to see if I have enough vacation time. I have the Red Desert outing the first weekend of August and a bunch of track stuff right up through the 21st maybe. If so, the same place and tents/vehicles would be just great again!

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol, You kids. I'm just sitting here shaking my head and wondering who we can get to watch all the chilren so we can come...

Pm me your email Aarons and I'll send you the Route.

One thing I will caution is to do some vetting before allowing anyone to come Wilson. The days of all welcome, are kinda over (Look at the Facebook page:crazy:) and a bad apple/squeaky wheel can spoil for all.

so far I know everyone from forum name at least. I kinda vaguely stated that 15 or fewer trucks and you should be known. this is family time with friends.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Sent @RaptorWifey a PM. So hopefully I can get cracking on the routes. I'm not too excited about the inability to pre-run if I'm leading but maybe @Wilson can go run it and mark hazards if they aren't marked on the route file.

Some other things we need to address will be minimum equipment required to go on the run. I'd say at a minimum we'd all need a couple of spare tires, basic tools, basic first aid kit, recovery gear and radios. I know I'm missing things, but that's off the top of my head

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know why I called this a Raptor run in the title lol habit I guess. That's what I want it to be but no matter what I'll be going so nothing else really matters and I'm telling Jonathan it's a raptor run. It's not going to be sponsored I might be able to get a few hat's and e-30 Wilson cookies lined up but for the most part, it will be up to the individuals.
now if you are new to the foarm and I don't know you personly or online you are welcome to come and we will help out but if you **** me off I know my way home lol <you'll know as much as I do out there! we want to have fun and we will.

what are we thinking on sleep campground or hotels? wild bills worked out well last time. I did like going back to the same spot every night especially if you are in a tent.

I do think 15 truck's plus 3 chase trucks is about all you'd want in a group.

food I do not have coolers like we would need to bring sandwich material so you're on your own. stopping on the trail for that sandwich was awesome so we can but it will be a bring your own.

I was going to just go off memory lol but if @Aaron can get a route uploaded we will follow him. I am in no way an expert at planning.

this is a link of what you might expect if you where to go on a sponsored run. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f113/rpg-wsi-present-south-dakota-buffalo-run-21214/#post364119
this will give you an idea of what you should have even if your alone and what this run is based off of I'm taking vacation July 21-25 to off road you want to tag along.

Sent @RaptorWifey a PM. So hopefully I can get cracking on the routes. I'm not too excited about the inability to pre-run if I'm leading but maybe @Wilson can go run it and mark hazards if they aren't marked on the route file.

Some other things we need to address will be minimum equipment required to go on the run. I'd say at a minimum we'd all need a couple of spare tires, basic tools, basic first aid kit, recovery gear and radios. I know I'm missing things, but that's off the top of my head

I linked this for reference on what is normally brought on runs.

I'll also link the spot to get motorized vehicle permit's it's $26 shipped I think.