Colorado Imogene pass - yes or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Name says it all. Is this pass doable in a Raptor? Headed up there on the 20th and unless someone hooks up with us, it will be a solo trip.

I watched a number of youtube videos and Im still not sure. Videos are mostly from Jeepsters or a couple of dirt bike videos. Still hard to determine if its doable. One video showed a stream crossing near the end that looked easy, another one had a stream crossing that looked like it required climbing up some moderately steep rocks, like maybe a bumper dragger if it can be crossed in a Raptor. I dont know if its the same one that is more washed out or a different route through the stream used for a rock crawler type challenge.

Any insight? My raptor is minimally modified with no extra skid plates and no winch.

TIA

OP
OP
Otis857

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it in 2WD last summer.:fuckyea:

good to know. From the videos I watched, the trail looked easy enough, but I wasnt sure if the width of our trucks would be an issue. And the stream crossing near the end looked to be a concern in the jeep video where he was climbing up a steep rock bank out of the creek, yet looked like crossing a big puddle in other videos. I guess it was just that guy looking for a tougher spot to be a challenge (cant imagine that, ha).

D

Deleted member 12951

good to know. From the videos I watched, the trail looked easy enough, but I wasnt sure if the width of our trucks would be an issue. And the stream crossing near the end looked to be a concern in the jeep video where he was climbing up a steep rock bank out of the creek, yet looked like crossing a big puddle in other videos. I guess it was just that guy looking for a tougher spot to be a challenge (cant imagine that, ha).

You talking about this section?

I would think in a SCAB and lower your tire pressure, you will get up it without too much issues.

OP
OP
Otis857

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You talking about this section?

I would think in a SCAB and lower your tire pressure, you will get up it without too much issues.

Ya, that was the same video I watched. THats the only section Im concerned about. My spare is still underneath and I really dont want to tear up a bumper and my spare on the first day. The wife wont be as understanding as y'all

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think that's where we crossed because I don't remember that steep climb on the other side. Isn't that the stream the Rogue truck hit at about 50, @2014RubyRed?

DT 714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if that's the crossing we went through...last summer.....but we did one stretch that was all rocky and slick that reminds me of that.....??

Or was that the year before.....??

Go for it.....and then climb to the peak and you can see Telluride on the other side...

13,114 ft.