Push start buttom on ford raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey what do you think of a push start buttom on a ford raptor as a factory option, similar as the ford explorer.
That would be cool as an option.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't care about it until I bought a 2012 Grand Cherokee. It also has keyless entry- all you have to do is put your hand on the handle and the door unlocks as long as the keys are in your pocket. It really comes in handy when you have your hands full and don't have to dig into your pocket to get your keys. Once I picked up the Raptor it was kind of annoying having to get used to using a key again. I know it's not a big deal but when you get used to not having to it kind of sucks.

So, I'd love to see this in the Raptor and surprised it doesn't already IMO.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't care about it until I bought a 2012 Grand Cherokee. It also has keyless entry- all you have to do is put your hand on the handle and the door unlocks as long as the keys are in your pocket. It really comes in handy when you have your hands full and don't have to dig into your pocket to get your keys. Once I picked up the Raptor it was kind of annoying having to get used to using a key again. I know it's not a big deal but when you get used to not having to it kind of sucks.

So, I'd love to see this in the Raptor and surprised it doesn't already IMO.

I totally agree. Didn't understand the keyless entry and drive until I had it for a few weeks. After having it for 6 years I miss it a lot.

Banned
Reaction score
I can see It being nice for some people.

Not something I'd like. Give remote with unlock and lock is enough for me.

Aidan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see It being nice for some people.

Not something I'd like. Give remote with unlock and lock is enough for me.

I totally agree, I hate push button starts. I really enjoy the action of putting in the key and turning it. That said, the ignition on the Raptor is electronic, you can just twist it real quick and let go and the engine will continue to turn over till it catches.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The jeep system is nice. My Z you had to push the button on the handle for lock and unlock. Only bad thing about just sticking your hand in the handle to unlock that I found was I had a tendency to pull the handle before it unlocked.