Lower Door Sill Scuff Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put this under the "Modifications" forum, although it should have come from the factory with the sill scuff plates. :flipthebird:

I decided to go ahead and spend the coin on original Ford parts rather than just getting the Home Depot stuff. I did both the fronts and rears but the rears had to be cut down a bit to fit properly.

Here are some before and after pics:

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2401.jpg

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
if they are factory Ford parts why did you have to cut down the rear?

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if they are factory Ford parts why did you have to cut down the rear?

Because Ford only makes sill protectors for the front door sills and they are longer than necessary for the rear door sills. There's a lengthy thread about sill protectors somewhere around here.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No. Some auto parts stores have cut-to-fit door sill protectors. I've seen it in a tire tread pattern at Auto Zone.

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a part number for those black door sills? I have a part number for the silver ones but not black?
They look sharp!

OP
OP
FarFromStock

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much that run for ford parts?

They are rather spendy at about $25 each. :shocked: But they do come in a fancy plastic sleeve with a nice Ford sticker on the outside. :ROFLJest:

Do you have a part number for those black door sills? I have a part number for the silver ones but not black?
They look sharp!

Driver Side: 9L3Z-1513209-AA
Passenger Side: 9L3Z-1513208-AA

If you have a SCrew and are doing front and back, you'll need two of each.