Cluster dash cover removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck has developed an annoying rattle. I have been able to trace it to the dash cover above the gauge cluster. Does anyone know how to remove the piece? I can see the 2 screws underneath but it does not want to come out. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I've got the same rattle. I'm probably going to attempt surgery when I get home.

OP
OP
M

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The two screws are removed easily.....however it is "clipped" in somewhere......don't just want to yank the crap out of it...please let me know if you figure it out

wilddawg95

Reaction score
take the two screws out and pull toward the steering wheel. you have to pull pretty hard.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, remove the two 7mm head screws that thread upwards into the "cluster eyebrow" and when you're sitting in the drivers seat, pull the eyebrow trim piece straight towards you.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Actually, the screws on the bottom are for the piece around the gauges. The "sun visor" over the gauges is held in by pressure activated clips. You can use a plastic panel remover between the dash and the cover and apply gentle pressure and it will pop out. If you can get a firm grip on the edge with your hands, just pull straight out towards the steering wheel. Just be careful not to hit yourself in the mouth like I did! Haha

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is the fix to put in there to stop the SQUEAAKKKKK. I have the lovely gauge glass rattle. I had enough of it now.