Center Console Lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BGCPrez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been spoiled with European "valet" keys and have been thinking the quickest/easiest/cheapest way to do that is to replace the lock mechanism in the center console with a different key (or just rekey the lock for another key?). That way I can keep that other key with me and lock up my goods. I know they make aftermarket lock boxes but I don't want that. Have any of you done/heard of doing this? Any leads on re-keying or replacement lock/key?

OP
OP
BGCPrez

BGCPrez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since no one responded but had a bunch of lookers I thought I would follow up:

I finally got around to looking further into this (after an exhaustive search on line). I took the lock cylinder out (about 5 screws) and then took it to a few locksmith's since some don't know what they are doing (one told me to call Ford and when I did they told me to call another locksmith). I finally found someone who was able to rekey the cylinder and cut me 2 keys for the new config and viola!....I can lock the center console without the valet being able to easily open it! Of course they can still rip it open with a crowbar but that's not the point!

Cost $50.

OP
OP
BGCPrez

BGCPrez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude you have a detailer and you still didn't want Black? LOL

EXACTLY! 5 minutes after he's done the dust starts to settle and I see EVERYTHING! I'm so happy with white.....but black does look best when it's perfectly clean and no streaks!

OP
OP
BGCPrez

BGCPrez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to valet all the time. They're insured. If they screw it up, they're paying for it.

There is a valet mode in the settings, I haven't tried it yet but I assume it locks it from going into any off-road modes.

OP
OP
BGCPrez

BGCPrez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is it just doesn't let them see your addresses and stuff in your navigation.

I think your right:

Enable Valet Mode
Note: If you are locked out and need to reset the PIN, you can enter
3681 and the system unlocks.
Valet mode allows you to lock the system so that none of your
information on the system can be accessed until it is unlocked with the
correct PIN.
1. Press the Settings icon > Vehicle > Enable Valet Mode.
2. When prompted, enter a four-digit PIN.
After you press Continue, the system is locked until the correct PIN is
entered again.