Whats my tailgate worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The delete is optional, similar to removing the graphics. No discount for any of them. Nothing unusual here or unique to Ford. Same with all vehicles.

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The delete is optional, similar to removing the graphics. No discount for any of them. Nothing unusual here or unique to Ford. Same with all vehicles.
The delete is not optional. Ford deleted mine without telling my dealership. same thing with the heated steering wheel. It’s not optional.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not true, the applique delete was optional. There was a request to dealerships to ask customers if they wanted to delete it. It was not mandatory. Mandatory deletes come with a form that you must acknowledge as the customer - as the heated steering wheel.

People keep repeating that it was mandatory, but there's no evidence of this. Dealers put the order in for the delete code voluntarily.

“The Rear Applique (standard on 801A) is going
to be a heavily controlled commodity going
forward. Below are your orders that have this
currently on them. See if the customer would be
willing to remove it so that it may schedule
faster
, otherwise that order may not schedule
until the control is lifted (no time table as of
when that will be currently). This option can be
removed from orders by adding 66D
"TAILGATE APPLIQUE DELETE - RAPTOR
ONLY" to the order
. Please try to make these
changes by Friday 3/18.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The delete is not optional. Ford deleted mine without telling my dealership. same thing with the heated steering wheel. It’s not optional.
Yup, dealer had it deleted so they could get the truck sold faster. They just failed to mention that part to you. Notice from Ford to dealers was that failing to delete would delay build indefinitely if I remember correctly.

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to order a tailgate with a step so will be selling my non step, White, with applique tailgate.
What is the part number with appliqué? I am also looking to buy a new tailgate with the step at some point.

Also, is it coming painted? I doubt it. So, I am assuming I’ll likely have to get it paint matched for my Code Orange Gen 3.