What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Replaced the feed line for the powersteering since the dummy who installed it zip tied it to something sharp.

Noticed it over the weekend before an event. Nothing like last minute prep. Though I have heard that if your able to get done with prep early that you odds go up for having issues at the event……….

Oh and I had to buy the hose last minute, and they only had blue. Well, not that I wouldn’t have picked it given the option…….

5EA24819-2AC2-47B8-8C1D-30633F784B36.jpeg298BD615-25CF-4AB5-8DFA-EDD4756D1BC4.jpeg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Replaced the feed line for the powersteering since the dummy who installed it zip tied it to something sharp.

Noticed it over the weekend before an event. Nothing like last minute prep. Though I have heard that if your able to get done with prep early that you odds go up for having issues at the event……….

Oh and I had to buy the hose last minute, and they only had blue. Well, not that I wouldn’t have picked it given the option…….

View attachment 351137View attachment 351138
So you really did blue the feed line! :gr_grin:

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped out the old worn plate light assemblies for led ones. Definitely need to be changed as they both broke when i tried to remove them.
I had swapped out my license plate light bulbs for LED’s a few years ago. Could not believe how burnt those housings were! Actually just had to bend the tabs back out on the left light housing as it was making the LED flicker on an off. Noticed it with the back up camera, thought it was the bulb but a new one did the same thing so that’s what led me to the tabs. Need to do the right one as I now notice the left one is brighter since it must have a better connection.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you really did blue the feed line! :gr_grin:
Lol. It didn’t actually “blow”. The cuts were about 50% into the hose wall thickness. Just replaced it out of caution.

Also figured out some tricks to help bleed the system better. Which will be very useful since I do that so often lol. Nope, but knowledge is knowledge I guess.

tractorpole

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 351137View attachment 351138
does the vent line on the reservoir cap vent to the atmosphere?

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, it did. The reservoir is a kartek one. From kartek they do not come drilled so it won’t spray everywhere but also doesn’t vent pressure. My kit is from GJ Motorsports (appears to utilize the kartek resi) and they come drilled and have a spring loaded PSV. During normal driving it doesn’t spray but off-roading it would spray all over the engine bay and collect dirt lol.

I added the hose and ran it down to a more tolerable location and put the same PSV in the end of the hose. I assume with the length of the hose that it will not vent anymore, but we will see. I’ll check it and drain it in a container if it doesn’t vent.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are considering the kit and are looking at ways to limit the “spray”.

I meant to add another option with the kartek style would be to put a sock over the top to kinda catch the fluid before it gets on the rest of the engine bay.

I don’t want to make it sound like it just gushes out. From what I can tell it basically mists a little. But it doesn’t take much to catch dirt. It is like ATF is a dirt magnet.

tractorpole

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made my own kit with the Kartek reservoir and a different style cooler and completely bypassed the factory cooler in the condenser.
The cap on mine is not drilled and it pukes a little down the side and makes a mess. My plan is to drill the top and add a small catch can that will catch the vapor, I am getting tired of smelling ATF when I walk past the front of the truck.