What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoped you replaced the blend doors while you had the dash all apart.
On my second round of replacing mine, the plastic gears dont hold up well.

tractorpole

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoped you replaced the blend doors while you had the dash all apart.
On my second round of replacing mine, the plastic gears dont hold up well.
Yes definitely, the temp actuator was already making noise, so I replaced all of them even if they were still working.
I have seen a couple videos claiming that you can replace them without removing the dash... it looked unlikely (without hacking it up) to me.
-TP

tractorpole

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some you can, some you can't. Just depends on which one fails :)
it was the one on the bottom between the floor and the HVAC box that the claim was made it could be replaced without removing it... not happening. At least not happening with a flow through center console and the floor vent under the front seats.

bjork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would guess it would be about 8-ish hours of actual work. I was playing with the dogs and getting distracted/frustrated so it took me a bit longer.

For cost I already had most of the expensive stuff so it was “only” about $620 outta pocket recently.

Here’s a breakdown if interested……
Amp - 1300

Headunit - 600

Sub - 170

Speakers (4) - 320

PAC Harness - 50

IDatalink Dash Kit - 80

IDatalink RR Module - 150

Obviously the amp/headunit/speaker prices can vary wildly based on preference.
That’s not too long of a project especially doing it yourself. I might consider upgrading mine too. Surely I’ll be able to find inexpensive alternatives but I love having a good audio system so I might just go all the way :driver: thanks for sharing!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not today but I replaced the evaporator and condenser, think O found out why my a/c wasn't working. This truck spent the first half of its life on a ranch and the dust and hay behind the dash show it. The Air conditioning works great now and blows 48* air out of the vents.
View attachment 313967
View attachment 313968
View attachment 313971
View attachment 313969
View attachment 313970
You're a god!! Nice work, how many weeks did it take to tear it apart and put back together? o_O

tractorpole

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're a god!! Nice work, how many weeks did it take to tear it apart and put back together?
I started Saturday morning, worked on it for about 8 hours got it all disassembled and cleaned and back together Sunday afternoon after about 4 hours. Then about an hour or two to charge the system Monday after work.
-TP

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got a chance to play with a new toy the wife surprised me with. Had a brake problem develope on a trip to San Antonio, driver side rear metal on metal and trashed the rotor. Replaced rotor and pads today.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    284 KB · Views: 16
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    294.4 KB · Views: 21

ROCKMUZK

Reaction score
Well i got q full tint and lift & wheels MT 36×15.5 20r
I want to qtap her up next year this time & add some more lights in the AUX section...call it a day

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210722-195709_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210722-195709_Gallery.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 27