Unofficial Snoball 2015 - the beast is Yeti to come

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been driving in michigan ice and snow for a long time..just never with off-road specific tires like the MT. ...

I have BFG AT KO2 on my F250 and they were OK in last year. not as grippy as I wanted on the packed snow or ice and just OK in fresh or deeper stuff. they packed up quick.

The way the MTs (and several others) don't have siping and spin easy on wet pavement made me wonder about an off road tire in the snow.

When I owned BMWs and put blizzacks or similar winter tires on them the grip was unbelievable. but the siping work is like the engraving on a fine shogun.....

all that said, i wondered if the flat non siped tread on our typical OR tires would be slick on the hard pack, ice and snow.

thanks for the suggestions

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The mt would probably do just fine.
I think @BigBlue ran them last year with success.

Yukon Joe
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

I love my Toyo's they go through everything.

I would suggest the tires themselves are not as important as your thread life. Regardless of what you run, if you show up with rubber that's got 20% life left...your not going to be happy.

I do concur with Joe that Red letter Grabbers are poor snow tires.

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got a new set of Duratracs sitting in the garage. I am going to run the stock BFG's for a little while longer. Def have the Duratracs installed before Snoball.