TSB addressing water leak at Right hand A-pillar.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe I read somewhere that someone was concerned about a water intrusion problem at the passenger side A-pillar. Found this today.

FORD: 2009-2010 F-150

ISSUE:
Some 2009-2010 F-150 vehicles built at Dearborn Truck Plant (DTP) on or before 1/12/2010, or at Kansas City Assembly Plant (KCAP) on or before 01/18/2010, and equipped with optional Satellite Radio, may exhibit water entry into the passenger compartment near the RH A-pillar assist handle.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Remove satellite radio antenna from the vehicle. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 415-00.
Completely remove the mounting bolt and retention clip, then compress the plastic pre-position clip and apply upward force on mounting stud of antenna.
Clean both cab sheet metal and satellite antenna base surfaces with 50/50 mix of Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and water.
Place a 1/8" (3.2 mm) bead of Motorcraft® High Performance Engine RTV Silicone to the antenna base. (Figure 1)

TSB # 10-4-7

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damon, you are THE Man. Man of the Week for sure! Rep points for that :)

Thanks very much for this. Now I can take this in to my dealer when I get the Raptor some new oil in its veins.

Thanks for your contributions on this site!

OP
OP
FSM06

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem Dan. Just glad it may help a few fellow Raptor owners. I am always glad to share info that I have access to.