Truck bed motorcycle wheel holder- How do I mount this dang thing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My neighbor works at South Bay Ford and gave me a "Bed Buddy" knock off he got off a Raptor trade-in.
6752-my-neighbor-south-bay-ford-took-off-trade-raptor-gave-me-need-mount.jpg

It did not come with screws, how do I mount this thing?

I did some rough placement but it was too high, needs to be mid-wheel level.

Does anyone plasti-dip these?

Attachments

• WP_20130719_001.jpg
    WP_20130719_001.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 169
  • WP_20130719_002.jpg
    WP_20130719_002.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,898
  • WP_20130719_003.jpg
    WP_20130719_003.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 135
  • WP_20130719_004.jpg
    WP_20130719_004.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 130

IRONMAN

Reaction score
That thing mounted up top looks like it keeps the bike too far away from the front.
Doesn't look right.

31351d1379711225-truck-bed-motorcycle-wheel-holder-how-do-i-mount-dang-thing-wp_20130719_002.jpg

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like its too late ya already bent your box. That thing sticks out way to far to the back I'd get someone to cut it and weld it

Sent from my S4

Tonka

Reaction score
Most of the time the piece that sticks out that far is removable for a 3rd bike, it is more of and offset piece so the handlebars are no rubbing against each other. It looks to me like that there are 2 bolts holding that piece on. With only 2 bikes in there they tires slide right into where the clamps are in the flat bottoms "U"

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could try some short bolts so it's not smashing into the cab when the bed flexes

Last edited:

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Why do you need that contraption? I have hauled one and two bikes in my bed, A V Strom 1000 and a Buell. Both fit in and tied in nicely. Never have used anything like that. As stated maybe for two bikes the notches but if your using a single bike why use the thing?

BDRAG

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normally, you would mount that below the top rail, approximately where the ridges stop on the front of the bed. As was posted, you can remove the center extender to use with just one bike loaded.
I would use the SERT nut inserts in the bed.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you need that contraption? I have hauled one and two bikes in my bed, A V Strom 1000 and a Buell. Both fit in and tied in nicely. Never have used anything like that. As stated maybe for two bikes the notches but if your using a single bike why use the thing?

BDRAG

I take my bikes down to Mexico and like to offroad my truck. Right now, the suspension collapses, the wheel turns sideways and the tie downs come undone and the bike flys sideways out of the bed. This keeps the tires from turning without having to wrap a tie down around the front wheel. Also gives taller and wider anchor points for the tie downs which help stabilize the bike. 3rd bike extender (removable) keeps the middle bike farther back so the bars don't hit. And its free. The metal also keeps the front of the truck bed from bending. One time in my dads Silverado I rode my bike up at glamis with a paddle tire and hit the bed so hard it bent all the way into the cab. Had to hook some tiedowns to the bumper and the bed, jump on it, and pull it back then paint it and reinforce the sides. Quite a pain.

Some bed racks use a funny washer: TWSPWC3BT_h_1000.jpg, not sure how to get in there and place a bolt.

Rotpar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thing in the center is so you can haul 3 bikes, center one way back.

Sorry Tonka, skimmed over your post.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BDRAG

Normally, you would mount that below the top rail, approximately where the ridges stop on the front of the bed. As was posted, you can remove the center extender to use with just one bike loaded.
I would use the SERT nut inserts in the bed.

Roughly, What size SERT nut ? Thanks!