trouble with front suspension on GEN1. need solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zaherachour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i am having trouble with my truck and need some help to sort this out.

So first things first i am in the Africa Congo and i dont use the truck so much offroad but then again the country itself is offroad, from unfinished roads to bad roads...

less then a year ago i have changed the lower ball joints, upper control arms, stabilizer links and tie rods, i changed them again not two month ago and yet the noise are appearing again.
i usually order all my parts from EBAY or other know sites OEM parts.

my mechanic said that what i bought are weak and not as good as the original ones.
so i am confused. how can OEM be bad.

what should i do? should i buy again hoping this time it will work or should i upgrade to something better?

thanks

View attachment 128078

View attachment 128079

View attachment 128080

Caveguru

Reaction score
first thing first- this is the suspension discussion for the 2nd generation truck. You should re-post your questions in the Gen 1 suspension section and delete this post. Sorry I don't have the answer on your issue though but the folks there should be able to help you out.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen1 or Gen2....sounds like you already did the shotgun approach...now it's time to diagnose the real issue....I'm willing to bet with all those items replaced, the issue wasn't from any one of them, so time to look at other possibilities...The very first thing you need to do is figure out how to duplicate the noise, and under what conditions it appears...only during turns one way, when you hit a bump, and if so what side or both...if your not really tuned into these noise, your local mechanic might be able to help...

OP
OP
zaherachour

zaherachour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen1 or Gen2....sounds like you already did the shotgun approach...now it's time to diagnose the real issue....I'm willing to bet with all those items replaced, the issue wasn't from any one of them, so time to look at other possibilities...The very first thing you need to do is figure out how to duplicate the noise, and under what conditions it appears...only during turns one way, when you hit a bump, and if so what side or both...if your not really tuned into these noise, your local mechanic might be able to help...
So it seems.
Unfortunately we tested thoroughly the noises and feel. I have dirt road i use to test. Mainly i feel them while driving and they make noise when i hit bumps.
We looked under the car and moved all the parts. Most were loose. And this is only one month of driving.
I refilled my shocks when i did the replacement and they still have the same level. No problem here.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter