Tire protection package for 37?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone went for the Tire/wheel protection package and why you did or didn't get it.

speed77

Reaction score
Didn’t get it A) most likely changing both the wheel and tire at some point. B) I don’t think I’ll need it. Yes- I may get some scratches on the wheel but don’t think I’m going to be taking it in to get fixed frequently.The tires should be fine regardless.

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never buy the wheel and tire protection from the dealership. I do however always go to Discount Tire and buy the lifetime rotation and balance package as well as the road hazard warranty for the tires right after I purchase a new vehicle. I do this because it is pretty cheap and I like to rotate and balance my tires every 5,000 miles. It is also nice to know that if I ruin a tire it'll be covered.

I have never had a wheel protection package and have never needed one.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never buy the wheel and tire protection from the dealership. I do however always go to Discount Tire and buy the lifetime rotation and balance package as well as the road hazard warranty for the tires right after I purchase a new vehicle. I do this because it is pretty cheap and I like to rotate and balance my tires every 5,000 miles. It is also nice to know that if I ruin a tire it'll be covered.

Thanks for the info. I was not aware that Discount tire would let you buy a package like that

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score

I wasn't aware you could buy a tire protection plan for tires not bought there. Interesting, thanks for the info. I have a new set of wheels awaiting arrival of my 22' and plan to hav the stock tires swaped to them. I might try to get discount tire to do them and get that tire warranty. Just cautious as I have Icon Rebound Pro innerlock wheels so not sure every place with mount those...

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone went for the Tire/wheel protection package and why you did or didn't get it.
I got it. I go in and out of a lot of RV factories and pick up nails all the time. I did it to cover the tires. It won't be an issue with this truck, but my last Yukon had 22" wheels and I hit a pothole and damaged my rim. I had to buy a new rim that wasn't cheap. I always now get the insurance on my tires for the nails my tires tend to pick up and I have gotten my moneys worth out of it.