suspension questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbrown27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have around $1200 saved up and have been looking at rpg's prerunner uca's and steering tie rods. are these worth the money? ( i still have stock suspension and off-road occasionally)

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I can tell you that the tie rods are insanely good they make the steering so precise! It's worth the money! I have the race line UCA's with a 1.5" bearing! So their UCA's are totally worth it as well! Those are all a great start it I'd look into getting ther bump stop kit depending on how hard and how often you go off road. I beat the dog shit out of my truck almost on a daily basis! But the UCA's and tie rods are a good start!

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

I think I may have asked you already but where at in Georgia are you man???

OP
OP
gbrown27

gbrown27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in the Macon/Warner Robins area and thanks for the advice. those tie rods keep calling my name

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh shit your in Macon I'm right down the road from you right down 80 in Columbus! We should get together sometime!

Yea I got my tie rods put on at last years TRR and the steering was solid! I got the fox blue to
Match the shocks!

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really? Sweet deal man I see two other raptors here and they're street queens they look at my truck and look at me like I'm completely nuts for getting mud and dirt on it haha and one of them is my neighbor who lives 4 houses down it's sad to see a raptor being wasted like that

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For suspension bang for your buck around $1000-$1300, progressive leafs are hard to beat.

Not to say UCAs and Tie-Rods are bad, but I think springs will make the largest difference.

OP
OP
gbrown27

gbrown27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i change the leafs then i would have to get rid of the stock block and strike pad then get a bump stop kit which gets expensive

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would recommend the RPG bump stop kit. It's great insurance and helps the rear of the truck. Stage 2 or stage 3.