Stock Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

05Raptor

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am converting my 05 XLT to a Raptor, so here's a list of what I need:

LCAs
UCAs
Tie rods
CV boots (already have the axles)
Spindles
Front coilovers
Rear shocks
Rear leaf springs
Factory headlights

Someone else offered it all for $2200 but they're taking too long so I thought I'd throw an ad up here. I'm in Newport Beach CA.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have fun, anything is possible. When I was 17 I built a Franken truck. I had a 1962 Ford 1/2 ton 4 by 4 with a blown motor, shot transmission and a rusted out body. I also has the motor and transmission from a 1967 Firebird with a totaled body. I then bought a 1972 Chevy C10 truck body with a long bed, and short bed from another Chevy. I had about $1000 in all those parts at the time.

To build it, I shortened the Ford Frame, grafted the Pontiac 326 High Performance motor and transmission to the frame and mounted the radiator from the Pontiac. I then had a custom shaft created to connect the Pontiac transmission. Lastly I mated the Chevy bed to the Ford frame with a series of redneck body mounts. Took me most of a winter.

In the end I had a cheap 4 by 4 but what piece of crap :flame: Good luck ever finding parts for that bad boy.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll be spending a lot of money and a lot of time, and in the end you will have an XLT with a lot of nice parts on it. Market resale value will be for an 05 XLT. Before you do this you might do a little arithmetic and see whether buying a real Raptor might be a better investment.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am converting my 05 XLT to a Raptor, so here's a list of what I need:

LCAs - buy aftermarket
UCAs- buy aftermarket
Tie rods- buy aftermarket
CV boots (already have the axles)
Spindles- buy aftermarket
Front coilovers
Rear shocks
Rear leaf springs- buy aftermarket
Factory headlights- buy aftermarket

Someone else offered it all for $2200 but they're taking too long so I thought I'd throw an ad up here. I'm in Newport Beach CA.

If you're going to convert your XLT, i'd put the best on it and just upgrade the parts with aftermarket parts right out of the gate. You have to spend money anyways, so spend the little extra for nicer parts.

But if i was doing what you re doing, i'd find a nice LT kit for your truck and use Raptor fiberglass.

OP
OP

05Raptor

Reaction score
I would be all for buying long travel or upgraded raptor parts, but my budget is very short. And there is no way I can afford a real Raptor. Even though all of those options are really a better investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

I already got tie rods (actually the upgraded ones), UCAs, spindles, and a sway bar. Still need LCAs, and all four shocks, but want fairly new shocks. And I can get leaf springs for free from a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1ss2nv

Reaction score
I have all shocks I am about to sell. Less than 19k miles with no off road. PM if interested. In Dallas, Tx

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of front stock shocks - located in IE, can meet you somewhere in OC or that area if need be.

Battle Born

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2014 Raptor SCAB Leaf Springs

I have a brand new pair of stock leaf springs for sale in Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter