Spare tire carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joekai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@JanT I must say, I am very impressed with everything you have done, I may have to copy your design, that is how much I like it! SO thank you for the time and effort you put into the autocad drawing and your willingness to share with us.

Also, have you completed your mounting system for the tailgate??

Last edited:

joekai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Few last things got installed today. Stainless hose clams for fire extinguisher's

Jack arm to rack with drake mounts, i used these since they didn't do universal mounts any more. It came ok but not great, didn't want to start making one from tube.

Tie-down tracks showed up today also and these are going tailgate end of bed. Going to use three of them so that i can have four toolbox's tied on them.

Ratched strap's are ordered also from US Cargo Control and have to say that their CS is top notch and not to mention the ratchet straps! Didn't like shipping cost and they ended up getting me really good price after few emails. I have to say dealing my whole life here haven't got this much good experiences with vendor's like i have with FRF vendor's and few others in US.
Found also Line-X place near by so i get rid of that plastic liner finally. rack is going to painter possibly next week if he has time.

@JanT The last picture and the statement above it. Mounting tool boxes and a shovel maybe??

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

@joekai thank you for kind words. I have few things that i would like to say if you start doing this. I would go with this jack mount Harbor Freight 1.5 Ton Jack Mount V2 it would be easy to mount to the rack or this one Aluminum Floor Jack Mount
there is many other ones too which would do the trick.
I have mounted fuel canister on center part and dimensions are for VP racing's squared canister. I have made some support plates for it so it is sitting higher now. These are not in pic's but are easy to do.
I have added few dimension drawings for original post so that rack is easier to do from drawings. I had to do few parts differently when i was doing mine since i didn't like the "look" but those wore minor changes. There is also now bended parts with centerline so if you go somewhere to get those done, they can easily do them but you need DWG files for that and i can send files for you if you need those. I have the bend1 in my rack.

I'm not sure what you mean by this:
have you completed your mounting system for the tailgate??

OK, I will look at the jack mount, and I have someone that has a tube bender so I think we should be ok, Are the drawing you posted earlier the one you are speaking of, or do you have others that you did not post?

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or you just blow another 600$ on a JD2 The Beast tube Notcher, just sayin' lol...