Something ain't right...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also if you park with the nose up hill. The gauge will read wrong....... more full. My driveway is like this. I have gotten used to it.

slade8

Reaction score
You bought a 93k mile 2014, huh? Sounds very familiar. I hope you like working on trucks. Mine did the same thing with something like 180 miles showing and then it dropped to like 80 but it was probably influenced by my driveway and heavy foot. Bad sending unit or wire but as long as the fuel pump works I wouldn't worry about it. I might look at it a little closer next time I drive it. I've never filled mine up since I bought it. I might fill it up in 2025 assuming a miracle happens in November. Post a picture of the truck.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You bought a 93k mile 2014, huh? Sounds very familiar. I hope you like working on trucks. Mine did the same thing with something like 180 miles showing and then it dropped to like 80 but it was probably influenced by my driveway and heavy foot. Bad sending unit or wire but as long as the fuel pump works I wouldn't worry about it. I might look at it a little closer next time I drive it. I've never filled mine up since I bought it. I might fill it up in 2025 assuming a miracle happens in November. Post a picture of the truck.
My drive is nose up hill. Shows full when you pull out.... 15 min later about 7 miles shows 3/4. Had to get use to the in my F250 7.3. Not sure if it is the OP problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter