GEN 2 SCAB Rear Seat Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewabbs

Reaction score
What purpose are you going to use the space for?
Dogs? Camp? Work?

you may want to comb the F150 forums

drewabbs

Reaction score
It seems like if you wanted the seats to go away, simply unbolt them and remove..

Many of the people who want the deletes add in bunks, or shelves or hunting dog platforms. Usually they share the pattern cut outs, or some even sell them as kits. its a whole "thing"...

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Many of the people who want the deletes add in bunks, or shelves or hunting dog platforms. Usually they share the pattern cut outs, or some even sell them as kits. its a whole "thing"...
OK...thanks for the info...

A friend let his dog inside my truck and I ******* lost it!....all I could see was his toenails killing my brand new seats and I threatened to put a bullet in his head....the dog, not my friend...

OP
OP
PlainJane

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am retired and don't drive that much. I am going to remove the rear seats so they don't get damaged.
I was hoping for a flat floor with lockable storage under it and plate under the window with d rings, but velcro might be a better idea. I do some car camping out the datsun and need a small spot for that gear. I do some long range fishing, so need room for that gear also.

Just looking for ideas.

drewabbs

Reaction score
Just looking for ideas.

Yeah look in the F-150 forums you will have access to a ton more people and more likely to find contractors or overlanders who have done this already.

More than likely it wont give you much additional space but could give you access to some of the hardware to tie into.
A few law enforcement, overland, and contractor sites may get you better ideas.
Also, dont just focus on the Fords, if you just want ideas, other Truck boards (RAM and Chevy) all have a few people who have done it.

https://www.dawsbetterbuilt.com/series/hd-series/recreation-boxes
https://www.americantrucks.com/alterum-f-150-locking-under-seat-storage-box-ussf150-01.html

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK...thanks for the info...

A friend let his dog inside my truck and I ******* lost it!....all I could see was his toenails killing my brand new seats and I threatened to put a bullet in his head....the dog, not my friend...

You know, you could just fold the back seat up. I frequently carry my 140 lb Irish Wolfhound in my SCAB backseat, with the seat folded up.