Raptor width and driveability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IT8NTEZ

Reaction score
I am a forum member but the Raptor is honestly hers. She drove a 4Runner and then had a number of X5s. This is her first truck. That said the 802A package with the 360 camera, BLIS, and cooled seats made this an easy yes for her.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a blast to drive. Just keep in mind that the Raptor has less towing and payload capacity than even a regular F150. I'm mentioning this cause you said how you used to drive heavy duty trucks. It is not a work truck. It's a Fun Toy that will haul light toys like a Very light Camper can max em out. A couple Dirt Bikes or a ATV is Fine or a small boat is fine too.

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only time I notice the width is backing into my garage ......
View attachment 142892

Ha ha...yes !
That looks exactly like me backing into the garage.
Roughly 2" on either side with the mirrors folded.
My fist truck too.
I would say that as you can't see the front corners,
it doesn't really "feel" bigger.
As what others have said:
The 360° camera is great for drive-throughs and such.
Park away from everyone else.
Girlfriend loves driving the truck, no issues for her.

OP
OP
A

Apeman

Reaction score
Thank you all so much for the great responses! It makes the Rap decision much easier now. Well, not including the 2019 vs 2020 conundrum. There are a few loaded 2019's in my area for $7500-8000 off MSRP (most had a $5000 ADM until recently) but only $4000 below MSRP at best for the 2020's. Decisions, decisions.