Raptor seats in the Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can chime in on the Gen 2 Raptor cooled seats as I was the passenger in Greg Foutz Gen 2 Raptor and his race crew team boasted about the cooled seats and they really liked them.
I was in the back cab seats so didn't get to feel them personally, but just the fact they brought up the cooled seats and were impressed with them says they must work ok :)
I should also mention his truck does not have leather seats, they are cloth.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

And the sybian passenger seat...

I can't wait until this truck actually comes out so I can order some Wet Okole neoprene seat covers. I've had them on several vehicles in the past and they are awesome..they dont get burning hot, water beads off them, easy to remove and wash.

If you put neo prone seat covers over the Raptor seats your going to block the holes in the seat for the cool air to get through.

Last edited:

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you put neo prone seat covers over the Raptor seats your going to block the holes in the seat for the cool air to get through.

Very good point...that said, in FL sun, it's debatable how much pain would be involved in sitting on burning hot black leather seats waiting for the coolers to work, versus say a light grey neoprene seat that doesnt hold heat already.. More importantly to me though, is protecting the leather. I get in from the beach, from fishing, or the gym a little bit dirty a lot of the time, and its nice not to have to put towels down to keep the seats nice/keep from getting burnt....let alone when you're a bit wet. To each their own, I just can't wait to get some covers! I have 177k on my current dodge ram I'm selling to get the raptor, and the leather has still never been sat on..lol. I take the covers off yearly and clean/condition the leather and they look perfect. In hindsight I should have enjoyed them, perhaps taking the covers off at 100k, but figure the next guy will be pleased and I didn't burn my butt!

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very good point...that said, in FL sun, it's debatable how much pain would be involved in sitting on burning hot black leather seats waiting for the coolers to work, versus say a light grey neoprene seat that doesnt hold heat already..

I can see where the neoprene covers would be great in that FL humidity without cooled seats.

You're forgetting the Raptor has an engine start on the remote, your truck and the seats can be cooled and waiting for you before you ever get in it :)
I live in the PHX AZ area and my 2 Audi's don't have the remote engine start, so this will be a huge welcomed feature in our intense summer heat.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very good point...that said, in FL sun, it's debatable how much pain would be involved in sitting on burning hot black leather seats waiting for the coolers to work, versus say a light grey neoprene seat that doesnt hold heat already.. More importantly to me though, is protecting the leather. I get in from the beach, from fishing, or the gym a little bit dirty a lot of the time, and its nice not to have to put towels down to keep the seats nice/keep from getting burnt....let alone when you're a bit wet. To each their own, I just can't wait to get some covers! I have 177k on my current dodge ram I'm selling to get the raptor, and the leather has still never been sat on..lol. I take the covers off yearly and clean/condition the leather and they look perfect. In hindsight I should have enjoyed them, perhaps taking the covers off at 100k, but figure the next guy will be pleased and I didn't burn my butt!

I haven't researched it as of yet, but a guy I work with tells me there are covers now that allow AC'd seats to pass through - so IF they do exist and look vs price is okay I will likely do that. Heat in Tejas is brutal, if they offered anything besides black leather I would have opted for it

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see where the neoprene covers would be great in that FL humidity without cooled seats.

You're forgetting the Raptor has an engine start on the remote, your truck and the seats can be cooled and waiting for you before you ever get in it :)
I live in the PHX AZ area and my 2 Audi's don't have the remote engine start, so this will be a huge welcomed feature in our intense summer heat.

Didn't forget that at all...remote start isn't much of a help in my case because I don't want to sit around waiting for it to cool when I'm in a store, at the beach, or wherever. Remote start is awesome for people who park outside their home or office for long periods who can view their vehicle. Living in Cleveland for many winters and parking a diesel truck outside, it would have been a godsend! Takes bout 10 miles to get heat in the cummins in winter temps.

Seat covers that pass AC thru sound cool however I've never needed it with the okoles in my truck and they are black to boot. I am able (although it takes longer) to feel the seat heaters thru the seat covers, so I assume some cooling effect would be achieved, although definitely muted. If you learn more about those covers pls post, they sound interesting!

Scubasigguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think Ford offers them in any vehicles. Maybe the new Lincoln Navigator might get them but not any Ford product.

That's incorrect. I have a 15 Platinum with what Ford is calling multi-contour seats, which in my opinion is poor marketing on their part. If you are on the road a lot or have a bad back they are great to have. I am going to miss this feature when my Raptor arrives in a couple of days.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
That's incorrect. I have a 15 Platinum with what Ford is calling multi-contour seats, which in my opinion is poor marketing on their part. If you are on the road a lot or have a bad back they are great to have. I am going to miss this feature when my Raptor arrives in a couple of days.

Yes, I stand corrected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk