Raptor motor in a Lincoln

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
millions does not equal zero.
only fact here is that you are blind to reality.

You don't understand statistics because you are a dumb rube.

A few million over many billion is statistically equal to zero. Sorry if facts offend you, ***** heart.

MustangAndRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you could have fooled me. Your statement insinuated the media were simply parroting what Ford wanted them to write / produce in their reviews, regardless of the actual product that is now in Customers hands.

The sound isn't necessarily better in the G1 either. It is all subjective and Ford, in my opinion, did a great job of making the V6 sound great.

By your logic nothing but a V8 sounds good? That simply isn't anywhere near the truth.

Ever heard the pops and crackles of a Focus RS accelerating? Or the scream of the Ford GT? So those sound bad? Don't think so, they sound unique to each vehicle just like the G2.

There was a lot of work that went into getting the G2 to sound like it does, as you can tell by some of the after market solutions that sound worse or only marginally and still only subjectively better. 9 times out of 10, someone who blows 2 grand on a new exhaust system, will say their new system sounds better, when there is no data to support that position. It is called confirmation bias.

I asked you to come up with one thing in the G1 that was better than the G2 and all you've got is sound? Pretty much exactly what the magazine / Video reviews have told you and YOU claimed they were bought and paid for by Ford.

Look man, you think it sounds good and that's good for you. FACT is though that you go to any YouTube video and there's plenty of data for you right there. Most comments are about how it sounds like ****. You say that ford put a lot of effort into making it sound good, well they did a good job making it sound good for a V6. The 6.2 didn't have to have the stereo adding engine sound to trick you into thinking it sounds good. The cars you mention are cars not trucks. Sure they sound good, but given a choice between the sound of the V8 GT and the new V6 GT which would the vast majority of people say sounds better?

And I also second truckzor on the point that the 6.2 is superior in fixability. A complex TT setup is the last thing I'd want when I'm miles out in the desert and have no signal. Lucky for the Baja trucks they have a whole team supporting them, good luck if you ever take your truck out and have something break.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

I was talking to the UPS driver at my work today, he has a challenger hellcat. Told him I was looking at the new raptor and right away he said "ya but doesn't that thing have a V6?" And laughed. That's just how it is, and instead of getting mad about it just accept that that's how it is. You aren't going to change the perception that a V6 in fords halo truck is laughable. And I'm saying this as someone that is still considering buying one. But I do hope that they come out with an NA V8 (I don't want TTs period)

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look man, you think it sounds good and that's good for you. FACT is though that you go to any YouTube video and there's plenty of data for you right there. Most comments are about how it sounds like ****. You say that ford put a lot of effort into making it sound good, well they did a good job making it sound good for a V6. The 6.2 didn't have to have the stereo adding engine sound to trick you into thinking it sounds good. The cars you mention are cars not trucks. Sure they sound good, but given a choice between the sound of the V8 GT and the new V6 GT which would the vast majority of people say sounds better?

And I also second truckzor on the point that the 6.2 is superior in fixability. A complex TT setup is the last thing I'd want when I'm miles out in the desert and have no signal. Lucky for the Baja trucks they have a whole team supporting them, good luck if you ever take your truck out and have something break.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

I was talking to the UPS driver at my work today, he has a challenger hellcat. Told him I was looking at the new raptor and right away he said "ya but doesn't that thing have a V6?" And laughed. That's just how it is, and instead of getting mad about it just accept that that's how it is. You aren't going to change the perception that a V6 in fords halo truck is laughable. And I'm saying this as someone that is still considering buying one. But I do hope that they come out with an NA V8 (I don't want TTs period)

Good news for you, brother. Ford is working on a new 7.0 liter DOHC V8. This will be the perfect motor for the Raptor. And if they build it, we will come. And they will build it. Only a brain dead eco-retard would think otherwise. Just take a look at the offerings of Fiat and GM.

The ecoboost, on the other hand, now that is a bad joke. Luckily a short term one.

MustangAndRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news for you, brother. Ford is working on a new 7.0 liter DOHC V8. This will be the perfect motor for the Raptor. And if they build it, we will come. And they will build it. Only a brain dead eco-retard would think otherwise. Just take a look at the offerings of Fiat and GM.

The ecoboost, on the other hand, now that is a bad joke. Luckily a short term one.

Crossing my fingers man. Only reason I can think of as to why ford is pushing the ecoboost down everyone's throats is that in the future they will have tons of expensive out of warranty repair work they can count on.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Crossing my fingers man. Only reason I can think of as to why ford is pushing the ecoboost down everyone's throats is that in the future they will have tons of expensive out of warranty repair work they can count on.

Amen. Gotta keep 'em clean!

hqdefault.jpg

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I don't need YouTube, I walk to my garage to listen. I don't listen to UPS drivers who own Chrysler products.

MustangAndRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't need YouTube, I walk to my garage to listen. I don't listen to UPS drivers who own Chrysler products.

Lol whatever you say man. You and I know that the concensus is that the V6 sounds like crap. That motortrend ken block video even says it. "And while its always true that an NA V8 is always gunna sound better than a TT V6, this one sounds pretty good"

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The whole point of my response was missed. I don't care if you think it sounds like crap or not, it is a free country and I think it sounds good and unique to the G2.

The point was that everything else in the G2 is better and that is consistent with the media reports you claim are bought and paid for by Ford.

OUT

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I'll bite on this one. Name one thing about the G1 that is better than the G2.

I await your response.

oh oh, I wanna play. The inability to use 2wd/diff locked/baja mode.

If you're not a desert guy maybe that doesn't matter, but in the desert 2wd/locked/ORM is the way to run.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man all the 3.5 HO Ecohate just amazes me.

Sure it doesn't sound like a V8..... old news

It does run like a sumbich and get good fuel mileage when you're not ******* on it.

Besides that it appear that it will respond well to simple mods.

I just did about a 400 mile trip back from the outer banks. Ran between 60 and 80 most of the way. Dealt with stop and go traffic a few places plus several red lights. Averaged 20.4 mpg for that ride. Apparently one more reason to hate the 3.5 eco....... fuel mileage is just too gooood