Painted my skid plate and bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
I saw a few posts of this on the gen 2 forum but haven’t seen any gen 3’s do this. Plasti dipped my skid plate and bottom half of bumper. If I end up liking it, which I do, I think I’ll get them line x’d.

Really easy to do, skid plate comes off with 6 bolts and masked the bottom half of the bumper off. View attachment 357387View attachment 357388
Love the lights. Any issues with front camera blocking or throwing any warnings on the dash?
I thought someone said it set off their proximity warning or something?
I would really like to do those lights but I use my front camera often.
What mounts did you use for the lights.

OP
OP
socal raptor

socal raptor

Reaction score
Love the lights. Any issues with front camera blocking or throwing any warnings on the dash?
I thought someone said it set off their proximity warning or something?
I would really like to do those lights but I use my front camera often.
What mounts did you use for the lights.
It does block some of the camera, but no issues/warnings others then that. You can play around with the spacing of them for more camera view. I used the stock mounts the Baja lights came with and I cut a metal plate to sandwich the bumper in between the metal plate and the light mount. Not sure if the metal plate was necessary but thought it would add some rigidity. Otherwise you can just drill the holes in your bumper and stick a bolt on the other side

Attachments

• 04FBBAB6-D918-423D-AD7E-C2B0CE6C07B1.jpeg
    04FBBAB6-D918-423D-AD7E-C2B0CE6C07B1.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 42

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
It does block some of the camera, but no issues/warnings others then that. You can play around with the spacing of them for more camera view. I used the stock mounts the Baja lights came with and I cut a metal plate to sandwich the bumper in between the metal plate and the light mount. Not sure if the metal plate was necessary but thought it would add some rigidity. Otherwise you can just drill the holes in your bumper and stick a bolt on the other side
Thank You very much for the info and camera view, much appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc