Out with the Old

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaredstrauss

Reaction score
REBEL 12 5.7L 4x4 > 3 weeks order to delivery
$19k discount...$8k refund w/trade
12" display/Harmon Kardon 19 speaker/HD
8spd transmission is smoother
brakes are way better > largest rotors in its class
better ride/handling w/quieter cabin
better quality interior
responsive V8View attachment 115554 View attachment 115555 View attachment 115556 View attachment 115557 View attachment 115558

What was MSRP on the Ram? You ended up getting money back on the deal? Any regrets?

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are a year from the Rebel TRX and you pull the trigger on this one.....man, you are going to have regret in 8months when the press releases start coming out.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/limited-editions/2017/trx/index.html
First time I’ve EVER been impressed by a Ram. Ford started the Raptor in 2010 and no other manufacturer has come close to competing with it for 8/9 years. Will be interesting to see if they don’t dummy it down.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First time I’ve EVER been impressed by a Ram. Ford started the Raptor in 2010 and no other manufacturer has come close to competing with it for 8/9 years. Will be interesting to see if they don’t dummy it down.

That shit is so ugly though. I could never buy a truck I didn't like the looks of. Saw a GMC with the square wheels wells and it's 18" uneven wheel gap yesterday- vomit.

Weird thing is, I see lots of Ram trucks that look good. Ones with the simple cross hair grill and no chrome on them look REALLY good. They just had to make the TRX a horrible two tone nightmare with a mustache grille though. No thanks.

OP
OP
Jake17

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
You are a year from the Rebel TRX and you pull the trigger on this one.....man, you are going to have regret in 8months when the press releases start coming out.
Never regrets on any vehicle...flippin's fun.
8 months, you're in dreamland. If/when it arrives, if I like it, I'll get it.
With a blower, the price will be TrackHawk f'n $tupid...well above a loaded Raptor.

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not diggin' the 57" screen or its looks in general. If it's anything like the ('17?) Rebel I drove a few weeks ago, it'll be noticeably slower than the Rap, but it'll make damn nice noises while doing its thing and I do like the V8 throttle response and power delivery. The shifter would take some getting used to. WRT the other important parts of the truck, not really comparable. Ram is a much more 'normal' truck with significant optimization for pavement driving. There is no actual Raptor competition from the showroom, the closest thing is a ZR2.

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, $72 k MSRP for the ram is just ridiculous, the $8k brings it back down closer to reality, but even then $64k? It seems like a lot of these trucks, the raptor included have really pushed beyond realistic price/value for me. I just picked up a new 2018 raptor and love it, it is my dream truck but I still see it as a $65k truck. Any more than that just seems out of touch to me. Just my opinion