New Member in IN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dbranger94

Reaction score
Welcome to the 1st Gen cult. My 2011 carfax report mentions the trans recall being done. I'm looking into it to see if it was the leadframe replacement or just a reflash to teach it not to downshift suddenly. Did you see the carfax on your 2013?
I saw the CARFax, but there was no lead frame recall. According to the recall notes(what I can remember anyway), the transmission has to throw and store at least one of several different codes in order for the dealer to initiate the recall process. My transmission does the random harsh shifting and other things that I believe are part of the listed issues, but doesn't do it enough apparently to throw the codes. I plan on just ordering the parts when they're available and also do the TransGo shift kit and repair kits.

Louisiana Barefoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck, when it's clean. Looks just like my '14. :doh2: Except mine is Ruby Red and looks better LOL. Glad you posted a pic.
Welcome to the place, congrats on a Gen 1! We demand at least one picture of your truck or we will mail you a bag of d I c k S!
Not sure where @CoronaRaptor met Lorena Bobbitt, but it sounds like he's one of her close friends.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw the CARFax, but there was no lead frame recall. According to the recall notes(what I can remember anyway), the transmission has to throw and store at least one of several different codes in order for the dealer to initiate the recall process. My transmission does the random harsh shifting and other things that I believe are part of the listed issues, but doesn't do it enough apparently to throw the codes. I plan on just ordering the parts when they're available and also do the TransGo shift kit and repair kits.
My 2012 ecoboost got the same recall notice as the 2011 Raptor. They just wanted to reflash the computer to "fix" it, but when I brought it in they panicked because it had a Banks tune on it. I'm supposed to disconnect the Banks part, bury it in the ground, then say ten Hail Mary's as penitence before I return to the dealership to have it reflashed.

OP
OP
D

dbranger94

Reaction score
I honestly cant stand shiny tires. Especially when you see a car going down the road and there's a dry spot that keeps going around from where they didn't move the car/truck forward to wipe the spot it was sitting on. Accidentally getting tire shine on the tread is like "accidentally" slipping a finger in your bU**h0Le and pretending it's OK, except everyone will know you did it...

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! My new truck is a 13 also. So far I love it but the wife is starting to stare at me every time a FedEx truck rolls by. How far away is the nearest hill?