New Leadfoot 2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtirella

Reaction score
you were smart to jump on this scab. I looked for months and ended up flying to Kansas mid January to pick up a black 2019 802a, 1 owner, 11k miles. Previously was beat out of 3 scabs that all had deposits on them sight unseen the minute they were posted. Only 7-8% were built as scabs. I'm it Atlanta and would have grabbed your gray one if I had not got the black one
last month. Congrats!

2021's are a big disappointment.......headlight changes look like crap, etc etc etc

TruckRearSidePic.jpg TruckFrontSidePic.jpg

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for buying that truck in GA, I’ve been eyeballing it and it would’ve been a dumb move for me. Except for the beadlock wheels it’s exactly the same as my order that got cancelled in July.

Cthulhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you were smart to jump on this scab. I looked for months and ended up flying to Kansas mid January to pick up a black 2019 802a, 1 owner, 11k miles. Previously was beat out of 3 scabs that all had deposits on them sight unseen the minute they were posted. Only 7-8% were built as scabs. I'm it Atlanta and would have grabbed your gray one if I had not got the black one
last month. Congrats!

2021's are a big disappointment.......headlight changes look like crap, etc etc etc

View attachment 161504 View attachment 161503
I had mine shipped from NV. SCAB owners go the extra mile(s). 123951_20201231_154613.jpg

OP
OP
Yf22jet

Yf22jet

Reaction score
Hello, As we chatted before about the cost of some of the basic parts alone were very high and those prices were from Tasca but still $1200 for the bumper and over $1200 for the skid plate and assorted pieces, it adds up real quick

Did your own insurance company have to get involved?

Did the insurance company give you a buy back option since it is totalled ? Did they cover any additional options that you had put on the truck, ie; Lights, bigger intercooler etc..?

What was the estimate of the repair, Parts and Labor?

Have to ask, how many miles on the 2020 and what did you end up paying for it? I can't compare between the two but I can tell you that I am happy with every option that the 802a offers on a SCREW.

Good luck with the new truck and glad your doing ok and that you were able to find something that suited you.
They never gave an estimate on the damages. Totaled it after two days at the body shop- frame was bent so they never bothered adding it all up or at least never told me what the final number was. Got $58k + taxes so $63 for the truck from insurance. They gave $45 for the lights and other accessories even though we provided recipients, but considering I purchased the truck for $58k I wasn’t too mad as I practically drove the 19 for 30k miles for free. That being said I hadn’t done too much big stuff in terms of upgrades I have an extended warranty so I had my hands tied but plus side the warranty transferred to the new truck. Overall insurance company (USAA) was great no real hassle overall, but the other guy was clearly at fault and he was cited for running a red light so his insurance company owned up pretty quick.

the 2020 scab 802a was $62 with 5k miles. Not the best deal on the planet but scab options are limited and this one is a cream puff and only 8 months old. In my opinion this was my 10 year truck, so it ended up being $4k to get a year newer truck with better options and 25k less miles and I’m okay with that to get what I wanted (and in the color I wanted).

OP
OP
Yf22jet

Yf22jet

Reaction score
last month. Congrats!

Still looks like you got a great looking truck! I love the scabs and they are a pain to find.

View attachment 161504 View attachment 161503

OP
OP
Yf22jet

Yf22jet

Reaction score
Thanks for buying that truck in GA, I’ve been eyeballing it and it would’ve been a dumb move for me. Except for the beadlock wheels it’s exactly the same as my order that got cancelled in July.
Shame to hear your order got cancelled. Hope you ended up with a truck you love, but hey I’m glad you didn’t snag it up haha glad to take away the temptation any day lol.
As for the beadlocks I don’t want to move to 37s and don’t really like the stock rims(nothing wrong with them I’m just not a fan of the machined look) so for me they’re worth the upgrade as they save me from dropping $3k on wheels and tires :)

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shame to hear your order got cancelled. Hope you ended up with a truck you love, but hey I’m glad you didn’t snag it up haha glad to take away the temptation any day lol.
As for the beadlocks I don’t want to move to 37s and don’t really like the stock rims(nothing wrong with them I’m just not a fan of the machined look) so for me they’re worth the upgrade as they save me from dropping $3k on wheels and tires :)

I had my own Raptor rollercoaster of buying my dream truck in July 2020, putting “I Like Men” on the hood for the drive home, and selling it 7 weeks later with 1100 miles because of a career change and cross country move. Easy come, easy go. Ultimately I made the right decision by selling mine, but I miss it. I’m glad you ended up with a truck you’ll enjoy. I’ll be here driving my new 2021 Tacoma, which I do like, patiently waiting for my new 2 door Bronco.

My Raptor story:
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/broncoaz’s-scab-is-home.77826/
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/well-that-didnt-last-long.79110/#post-1541800

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They never gave an estimate on the damages. Totaled it after two days at the body shop- frame was bent so they never bothered adding it all up or at least never told me what the final number was. Got $58k + taxes so $63 for the truck from insurance. They gave $45 for the lights and other accessories even though we provided recipients, but considering I purchased the truck for $58k I wasn’t too mad as I practically drove the 19 for 30k miles for free. That being said I hadn’t done too much big stuff in terms of upgrades I have an extended warranty so I had my hands tied but plus side the warranty transferred to the new truck. Overall insurance company (USAA) was great no real hassle overall, but the other guy was clearly at fault and he was cited for running a red light so his insurance company owned up pretty quick.

the 2020 scab 802a was $62 with 5k miles. Not the best deal on the planet but scab options are limited and this one is a cream puff and only 8 months old. In my opinion this was my 10 year truck, so it ended up being $4k to get a year newer truck with better options and 25k less miles and I’m okay with that to get what I wanted (and in the color I wanted).
That's a really good deal for you or anybody. You can't really complain for that money. Now post some pics of you getting some air in that beast, even if it's jumping the curb at Starbucks :33:

RRick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was eyeing the new Raptor, but alas no SCAB. I will probably keep my 2019 SCAB for a long time. I am hot on the trail for a new Warthog as long as it is a 2 door. Please Ford, don’t screw that up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc