New Guy in Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLP83

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I got the Raptor itch bad and have been lurking the forum and looking at the 18 models sitting on the lots. I have yet to find one optioned out the way I want. Seems most of them are loaded with stuff I don't want to pay for like decals and sun roofs. Anyways I decided to just order a 19 to my specs once the order banks open and let the anticipation build until it shows up. I've never ordered a truck before. What is a reasonable amount to put down for a deposit? Also besides price is there anything else I need in writing from the dealer at the time of ordering? Thanks

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Here in Texas it seems that hard loaded Raptors are the most popular. If ordered that way dealership may just want a few hundred for deposit because if the deal fell through they know it will sell. OTOH if you order an odd duck as in minimal options they may ask for several thousand and put in writing that it’s non refundable.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked same question and was told 5k deposit from Tomball Ford. Didnt go any further than that as far as paper work goes.

OP
OP
J

JLP83

Reaction score
The hard loaded trucks are everywhere and they're all supercrews. I'd prefer the 802a supercab in white with only added options of black wheels, tailgate step and spray in bedliner. However that seems to be a unicorn truck in my neck of the woods.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

I asked same question and was told 5k deposit from Tomball Ford. Didnt go any further than that as far as paper work goes.

Thanks for the info

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my bare bones non leather, non tech package leadfoot a month ago. Saved 15k of the what all the loaded ones run for. 59k out the door(including tt&l). Put 25k in upgrades into her and picked up last week. IMO they really overcharge for a bunch of tech crap that if you upgrade bumpers, engine bolt ons, etc, you lose them anyway. Who actually uses a nav anymore. We all use phones. Order, or just call every dealer around until you find one. Now she is a total baddass. 150 more hp, 37's, and looks nothing like all the other raptors i see driving a round.

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree, base 800a here, has leds and all the go off roading stuff, less to break

Chas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow texan fyi MACHAIK FORD in Victoria has a white raptor no decals for around 68k I think check their website again welcome to the club