New BOSS 6.2 overlay for Tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Plasti-coated the emblem on the tail gate and had this design created by a company. [email protected] They can make overlays in any color to match your rig...

They were super to work with and also made a overly for the emblem on the steering wheel. A great trick to using the plasti-coat is NOT to mask off around the edge of the emblem with tape(except for the camera lense) After applying 3-4 good coats the excess peels right off the truck without lifting the coating on the edge of the emblem.

Attachments

• BOSS 1.jpg
    BOSS 1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 110
  • BOSS 2.jpg
    BOSS 2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 107
  • BOSS 3.jpg
    BOSS 3.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 122

twlhunter65

Reaction score
Plasti Dip around the blue today! I like the look way better.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Plasti Dip around the blue today! I like the look way better.

Did you tape any of it off? Also, did you need to score the finished product to get it to remove cleanly around the "Ford" logo and along the backside against the tailgate itself?

I like that look!

twlhunter65

Reaction score
Did you tape any of it off? Also, did you need to score the finished product to get it to remove cleanly around the "Ford" logo and along the backside against the tailgate itself?

I like that look!

I taped off the overlay and also within a 1/4 of an inch of the chrome sides.Any overspray is thin and you roll it up off the paint and pull it towards the emblem where it pulls off perfectly.I did have to use a razor knife to scribe out the overlay. Did about 5 coats,It only took about an hour.you also have to tape the rearview camera lens.I did not sand anything first,just cleaned it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDBRUIN