My Gen3 30days and counting stuck in Transit...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Well my MY22 was Built Dec 9 and released to the Shipper Dec 17, and so far multiple ETA updates but no truck yet. It's been with the shipper for over 30 days. I guess the trucker shortage definitely affected mine. The latest ETA is this week 1/15-1/21 fingers crossed it arrives. In case your wondering if really ordered or just a prius here is a pic of it awaiting transit :)
Prius 4x4.png

:) Seriously 2022 Antimatter blue 800A with torsen & connivence packages fingers crossed should be here by end of week. Already have Icon Rebound pros 17x8.5 and an MX4 bakflip bed cover new in garage awaiting arrival of the truck. Will post some real pics when delivered...

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
welcome and congrats. At least your being honest and funny about it. True it’s probably sitting and waiting with all that’s going on. Now snow storms up north ugh. Get them pics up.

OP
OP
LuckyKnuckle36

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome! :D Hopefully you get your Raptor soon!! Antimatter Blue is a super cool color!
Thanks, ya I thought all the chip shortages, fender flares etc would be the end of the hold up. Never thought it would be released to the shipping company and just sit there indefinitely. Hope it gets here soon. I am excited about the antimatter blue, I always gravitate to dark colors, should be nice with the deep color and metallic flake.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, if this isn't a tease for us, so what are we suppose to do ? Sit here and twiddle or thumbs waiting for you to post pics in a couple more days, I can't stand the waiting, lol. At least you're used to waiting for your Raptor, probable forget why the dealer is calling you "yeah, what do you want?" "What truck, did I order a truck?" "Okay fine, I will come look at it in a few days".

Bro, do you even sleep at night, especially since this might be the week? Can't wait to see the pics, AMB is one of my 2 fav colors!

OP
OP
LuckyKnuckle36

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Well, if this isn't a tease for us, so what are we suppose to do ? Sit here and twiddle or thumbs waiting for you to post pics in a couple more days, I can't stand the waiting, lol. At least you're used to waiting for your Raptor, probable forget why the dealer is calling you "yeah, what do you want?" "What truck, did I order a truck?" "Okay fine, I will come look at it in a few days".

Bro, do you even sleep at night, especially since this might be the week? Can't wait to see the pics, AMB is one of my 2 fav colors!
No Doubt, I started with a bronco reservation back in July of 2020, then when the order banks opened I started to realize the bronco I was configuring was getting too close to Raptor costs. While I love the new bronco the Raptor has always been the truck I wanted "someday." Everytime I thought of buying any truck I always compare it to, " I could almost get a Raptor for that much." So I finally bit the bullet and "attempted" to order a Raptor in June of 2021 but unfortunately my dealer only had 3 allocations, I was on business travel and they called me and offer me one of the three allocations but I had to come in and place a physical order before the others they called. Well, a few days later I was back in town and missed that allocation. Soo, when the salesman called me on Oct 7 and said answer your phone tomorrow our GM is going to meet with all the salesman tomorrow at 1pm and release the 2022 Raptor allocations to all salesman allowing them to get to their clients all at the same time. Well I just showed up to the dealership at noon the next day and ironically two of the salesman where out so the GM was postponing the release of the allocations for another day, but since I was there he let me order and secure the first of the 11 allocations they had and honored MSRP. Honestly I could have gotten a 37 package at MSRP but 800A with 360 camera and torsen is what I wanted. $68.5K for a 22 Raptor I think is pretty good.

Another irony, if I would have secured 1 of the 3 MY21 allocations I probably would be taking delivery around the same time anyway! What a crazy ride, anyway with the lack of Raptor content to share I thought I'd share my journey here. I know many are in similar boats. I can tell you I have waited 4+ months on OEM Harley parts! This supply chain issue is no joke.

OP
OP
LuckyKnuckle36

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I hope you get it in the next couple of days, it's been almost 12 years since I drove my Raptor off the lot and it is something you won't ever forget, if you are passionate about vehicles.
Nice! I just had my first child when the Raptor came out, been wanting one since then. Hang on to that baby.

I appreciate you and many others on here sharing all your knowledge and experience.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Back in ’17, some of the more enterprising Jen Too folks were tracking theirs on the rails ! Those shipping delays were nothing compared to today. Still... 30 days in transit?

If Ford had some cleverness, they’d offer pickup service or pickup at Raptor Assault...

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my MY22 was Built Dec 9 and released to the Shipper Dec 17, and so far multiple ETA updates but no truck yet. It's been with the shipper for over 30 days. I guess the trucker shortage definitely affected mine. The latest ETA is this week 1/15-1/21 fingers crossed it arrives. In case your wondering if really ordered or just a prius here is a pic of it awaiting transit :)
View attachment 337615

:) Seriously 2022 Antimatter blue 800A with torsen & connivence packages fingers crossed should be here by end of week. Already have Icon Rebound pros 17x8.5 and an MX4 bakflip bed cover new in garage awaiting arrival of the truck. Will post some real pics when delivered...

You will want to drive your truck for maybe 5k miles with the factory shocks. Listen carefully to know if you have the frontend clunk that many complain about (usually comes from front - specifically passenger front) before switching shocks. Knowing that you went with Icons, those are known to fit in the shock mounts tighter so that you may eliminate the clunk. This will be helpful feedback for the other 21/22 people that have the clunk problem. Others with the clunk are also investigating the lower control arm bolts since those are high torque, one time use... a cam bolt kit also solves that issue of securing the bolt firmly to the lower control arm.