My ears are hurting - B&O sound system goes crazy - *safety issue*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad it’s becoming public but I do not believe a software fix will work.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How come?
I had it happen twice. The first time, maybe because I was in a slum neighborhood, I literally thought it was a gunshot through the truck, that’s how loud and intense the pop was followed by very loud static. What can a software change do, cut out multiple pieces of the frequency response? I hope it works.

MJK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In that article, it says that customers can download the software update themselves. Is that accurate? I would think that people would want to be proactive about resolving this before it happened randomly.

Great Scott

Reaction score
This happened to me for the first time about 3 months ago. Maybe 8k miles on a 22. It was so loud, I'm sure I suffered some hearing loss before I figured out I couldn't turn it off and got out of the truck. It took 20min for it to stop. Turned the truck on and off several times. Ultimately waited and then used remote start. Hasn't happened since.

If that happened in the car with my young kids, I don't think they would have ever gotten back in the truck.

anity93

Reaction score
This happened to me again a couple weeks ago and lasted about 6 seconds which during that time at 6am feels like eternity but woke my ass up 100%. Had to cover my ears coming up to a red light. This is the third time it has happened and I checked my software update just now and it’s up to date and on automatic updates. Three times ranging from a second or two to 6 seconds. I would be livid if I had kids in the car or was in traffic and caused an accident because of it. Always a few seconds to a couple minutes after leaving the driveway.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
“caused an accident “? R u that jumpy? It’s bad but not that bad. Hope u don’t do the hot brass dance and snap off an errant round too.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to me about an hour ago and the noise lasted for about 15 minutes. 2021 with 10k miles on it. No problems like this ever before today. It started about a minute after I drove off and the sound wouldn't shut off no matter what. I did the Power Button + FFW button reset and it didnt' help. I shut the truck off, got out and locked the doors and walked away and it didn't help. I did 6 or7 Master Resets and the sound would go away for a second or two and then come right back. I was driving home to get a wrench to disconnect the main battery when I stopped at a stoplight and the radio started playing like normal. My ears were ringing for 10 minutes after this. I have the truck in the garage with the battery disconnected right now and I'm hoping a hard reset like this will fix it.

I have an appointment next month because my truck recently stopped shifting into 4WD and just gives me an error message I'm going to mention this when I bring the truck in. The only other issue I have is that my steering wheel adjustment controls haven't worked in a while. I'm the only one who drives the truck, so no biggy.

EDIT to add: I noticed when I linked my truck back to the FordPass app that my truck had been updated today with: Ford Power-Up 4.2.4, whatever that is. I noticed a few others mentioned this noise outburst happening the same day their truck had been updated. I wonder if there's a connection. Maybe the update process drains the battery a bit and triggers this when you start the truck up again?

Last edited: