Morimoto XB LED Headlight Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z

Zak Peters

Reaction score
OP did you ever get this sorted?

@acllowe Yep that's the fix for most of the issues, I had those lights in and out 3 times before I figured out I didn't need those black boxes and removed them. suddenly lights work just fine. Although there is no dimming of the DRLs, those jokers are on bright all the time.

I wish that had been clearer in the install guide.

Yes, my tech finally got it figured out.

Thank you all for the help!

Bryan Bellew

Reaction score
@acllowe, I cannot see a pic for your fix. I have the same problem and need to remove the resistor you mention. Can you PM me the pic or repost? I need to get these fixed or send them back.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have the same issues, so those black boxes that are bolted to the back of the headlights are not needed?

sometimes my lights come on, sometimes they don't come on. mainly parking and drl.
if i turned my lights on and off a few times, i can get them to come on.

MOT26

Reaction score
In the instructions it does not say that you need to take them off, It just says to unplug them.

Even the Morimoto video shown the boxes not removed.

I had the same issue plus the passenger high-beam stopped working. This issue was a big PIA for me due to my aftermarket bumper being so close to the headlight molding. Just when you think the kinks are worked out, they come back again and once again the removal of the lights really sucked. Those with a stock bumper have it much better.

I finally removed the boxes from the passenger side and what do you know, now everything works.

For anyone who is looking to buy these lights, remove the boxes before install or you are asking for a headache (three boxer are on the back of each light).

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So pretty much just connect everything to the main harness and dont use any connectors from the boxes on the back?

i got carbon fiber fenders. this is going to be fun...

MOT26

Reaction score
So pretty much just connect everything to the main harness and dont use any connectors from the boxes on the back?

i got carbon fiber fenders. this is going to be fun...

That is wrong. That is the reason so many people are having problems.

Remove all 3 boxes from each light (6 total), then plug in the trucks single connector to the supplied (wiring harness, one for each light), then install each light.

The attached boxes are for the folks with non led trucks, they are not needed for Raptors and cause a few different faults is left attached.

The headlight molding must be removed. I'm sure you will not need to remove your fenders.

Last edited:

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks, let me go look at this. my fender flares need to come off, it blocks the 3 screws under the fenders.
i have to see what plugs from attached boxes might be used right now.
so stupid for them to leave it attached, i ordered this as for a raptor with factory leds.. they could have saved these boxes for warranty work or something.

the manual shows a drl dimming harness, thats different from the boxes?

MOT26

Reaction score
thanks, let me go look at this. my fender flares need to come off, it blocks the 3 screws under the fenders.
i have to see what plugs from attached boxes might be used right now.
so stupid for them to leave it attached, i ordered this as for a raptor with factory leds.. they could have saved these boxes for warranty work or something.

the manual shows a drl dimming harness, thats different from the boxes?

The DRL harness is for the trucks with halogen lights, It's not needed.

This video shows you how to install on the Raptor.

There is one bolt by the side marker behind the fender, so yes, I had to pull the fender flair out a couple of inches to get to it.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
definitely need to double check
my current issue is that the front lights don't always come on. i have to turn the dial to off and on a few times to get it to kick in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter