Moab, UT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
motorboating

motorboating

Reaction score
Nice!! I have been several time in my jeep but never in the raptor. I want to but its just so much fun there in a built jeep I can't make my self take the raptor. Maybe one day
I don’t blame you. It’s a big truck for the trails. While I was impressed at what it could do I was also nervous taking such an expensive vehicle off road. Jeeps are much more suited to rock crawling I feel like. I want to get a Side X side again and use that for my wheeling adventures then if it breaks on the trail I’m still getting home. Lol

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t blame you. It’s a big truck for the trails. While I was impressed at what it could do I was also nervous taking such an expensive vehicle off road. Jeeps are much more suited to rock crawling I feel like. I want to get a Side X side again and use that for my wheeling adventures then if it breaks on the trail I’m still getting home. Lol
I hear ya. Only so many trails the raptor can go down. But my jeep can hit most of them!
And I built my jeep to drive to, wheel, and drive home. But last time I was there I almost f#cked myself by doing stupid sh#t. Spun the rear diff on the tubes of my sterling 10.5. Have said so many times I needed to weld the tubes to the diff. The plug weld have always held till they don't.
Rory of Moab Motorsports fixed it up in about 15 minutes and then welded them up for me. If you ever need anything in Moab give him a call. He is the man!!

Attachments

• IMG_6125.jpg
    IMG_6125.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20190911_122318.jpg
    20190911_122318.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
motorboating

motorboating

Reaction score
I hear ya. Only so many trails the raptor can go down. But my jeep can hit most of them!
And I built my jeep to drive to, wheel, and drive home. But last time I was there I almost f#cked myself by doing stupid sh#t. Spun the rear diff on the tubes of my sterling 10.5. Have said so many times I needed to weld the tubes to the diff. The plug weld have always held till they don't.
Rory of Moab Motorsports fixed it up in about 15 minutes and then welded them up for me. If you ever need anything in Moab give him a call. He is the man!!

That’s a sick jeep!! Growing up my dad had a few jeeps he built up for rock crawling. It was always good times going out on the trail. That sucks about your rear diff but I’m glad they got you fixed up so quickly. If I ever have anything go I’ll definitely have to give him a shout. What trails do you like to run in Moab?

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a sick jeep!! Growing up my dad had a few jeeps he built up for rock crawling. It was always good times going out on the trail. That sucks about your rear diff but I’m glad they got you fixed up so quickly. If I ever have anything go I’ll definitely have to give him a shout. What trails do you like to run in Moab?
Rory has a sweet recovery rig and will come and fix or tow you back to civilization too. Its trail mater. He has youtube videos of some of his recovery stuff.
I like top of the world cause of the view and cliffhanger, metal masher, steel bender, Moab rim, No left turn..... so many great trails

Attachments

• 20190912_162254.jpg
    20190912_162254.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 38