Looking for Tonneau Cover Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eubster

Reaction score
I bought a 2018 SCREW about a month ago and I'm ready to start doing some upgrades. I'm looking to build my truck into an overlanding rig with an RTT which comes with some unique challenges, namely finding bed rails/rack that are compatible with a tonneau cover. I've done a tone of research, and it looks like my best bet is going to be one of the covers with accessory rails built in along with a Thule, Yakima, or Frontrunner rack system.

Currently, I've narrowed my focus down to two covers. The Retrax Pro XR and the Pace Edwards Ultragroove Metal. From what I can tell they're pretty similar and the price is within about $50 so that isn't a factor. The major difference seems to be that the Retrax has a separate lock located on top of the cover, while the PE doesn't. I actually like the idea of not having to keep an extra key for the cover and I don't mind opening the tailgate in order to get to the cover latch, so I'm leaning just slightly towards the PE based on design.

I'm looking for advice from anyone who's bought one of these covers. Which one did you go with and why? Happy with your choice? Also, I'm totally open to suggestions if anyone has thoughts on a different cover that might work for my uses. Finally, if any of the forum vendors see this and can offer a killer deal on one of these covers to sway my opinions, that'd be great!

WAYTALL

Reaction score
I’m looking at similar upgrades. I may bite the bullet and get one of the nuthouse builds (the 2.0). Expensive but has integral rack with retractable tonneau. you can design it exactly how you want it (rotopax etc)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter