GEN 2 Locking the rear Diff in 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this but has anyone found out how to enable the rear locker in 2wd yet?

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not done it as I use 4A, but you could bypass the system with direct wiring and a diode or two.

It might be a better idea to fool the system in 4a so the front hubs don't engage.

Last edited:

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To fool the system in 4a, just plug or install a valve/switch in the vacuum line to the front hubs.

The system is in 4a and the truck is in 2wd.

I don't recommend this, but its your truck.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Gen 1, so I don't know exactly, but I swear the last run I was on someone mentioned a way. Something about putting it in 4, locking the diff, and then back to 2. There might be a step or two I'm missing, but I'm confident there is some combination that works. It may leave the hubs locked, but that is way better than being in 4. Maybe it was up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a; hearing it definitely made me think you needed to know the Konami code to drive a Gen 2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc