I think I really like my 2020 better

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All these people with 2020's trying to talk themselves out of a 2021 LMAO.

First, if you bought a 2020 you knew the refresh was coming and did it anyways... so any way you can justify your purchase, I'll go along with you ;).

There are SO many things to like about the 2021+, and while it's not the V8 we were hoping for (yet) it has a far superior interior, rear suspension, exhaust note (insert joke here), and tech. If you're willing to overlook that, good for you. But I'm not going to pretend it's not something worth upgrading to.
Your post is lacking accurate data. I just want to interject and correct.

If you have been around the Raptor world long enough, you certainly would have known that the Gen2 was ending model year 2020. This knowledge was obtainable a while back. But what nearly everyone did not know, was when the Gen 3 would be revealed and released. There was a lot of guess work and some inside info and when it may be. Still ‘21 was a long shot guess and many thought the Raptor would take another 2 year or so Hiatus. Many months went by.

So if someone was planning to buy a ‘20 they really had no idea when the Gen3 would be coming.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If you have been around the Raptor world long enough, you certainly would have known that the Gen2 was ending model year 2020. This knowledge was obtainable a while back. But what nearly everyone did not know, was when the Gen 3 would be revealed and released. There was a lot of guess work and some inside info and when it may be. Still ‘21 was a long shot guess and many thought the Raptor would take another 2 year or so Hiatus. Many months went by.

So if someone was planning to buy a ‘20 they really had no idea when the Gen3 would be coming.
Good point. You could have bought a 20' over a year before the '21 was announced.
When did we even know '20 was going to be the last year of the Gen 2? If I remember correctly, some people were even of the belief that the '21 model would be a Gen 2, then off a year, for a Gen 3 '23 release. And there wasn't any information available to contradict that prediction. And if you average 20k miles a year, that would be 60k and a reasonable time to trade in/up when you thought Gen 3 would be coming.

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I had zero intention of buying a Raptor when I got my 2020, had zero idea Gen 2 was on the chopping block (my own failure to research). That being said, I'm still happy with my Gen2 and have contemplated getting rid of it several times but always back out. It is still a very good truck, and there will always be another truck with one more bell, one more whistle, or 300 more horsepower.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I think my mind is made up. I really do like both, But the small differences wont justify me going up 1 year. As said above, If they get rid of the blue interior with the 37 maybe in a couple years I would start thinking about it again. This whole thing started because the dealer wanted to give me 75K for mine and the new 37 was 81K. My payment would have went up $8 from what I'm paying now all said and done.
Owning a Power Wagon with similar suspension as the G3, and the 12” screen, the $8 more a month is definitely worth it. But I offroad monthly.
plus the blue interior looks good with code orange. At 75k you basically drove your truck for free. I don’t think you will get that amount next month since Ford has the chips now.

coryatver

Reaction score
Owning a Power Wagon with similar suspension as the G3, and the 12” screen, the $8 more a month is definitely worth it. But I offroad monthly.
plus the blue interior looks good with code orange. At 75k you basically drove your truck for free. I don’t think you will get that amount next month since Ford has the chips now.

its interesting that now they are saying they got chips, days after announcing factory shut downs and slow downs because of chip shortage.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm gonna go with R or someone dubbed the audio.

BUT, I would love if the V-6 sounded that good. I certainly wouldn't have to hear the trash talk from my TRX buddy if the V-6 sounds like that.

Watch this video and you tell me.
That is most definitely the 3.5eb in Baja mode with the valves fully open.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its interesting that now they are saying they got chips, days after announcing factory shut downs and slow downs because of chip shortage.
The trucks are built. So I assume factory shutdowns will not effect the ones already built? So those can finally be delivered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieslfrkY