HID Headlamps Question for 2013 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yuuuup

Reaction score
Hey folks, don't know if I'm just being overly sensitive or "****" about my new 2013 Raptor, but I want ask the Forum to get piece of mind anyways.

I love my new Raptor and have literaly 0 complaints...however, I have noticed that if I hit a bump harder than "normal" or go off-roading while having my HID headlamps on, both beams "bounce" (for lack of a better description) from the shock of the terrain. Should I be concerned with the "bounce" that I'm seeing? I've never noticed it in any of my other vehicles owned, but didn't know if this "bounce" is indicative of the nature of the HID beam itself, or if I should get it checked-out.

Thank-you for your insight, time, and help!!!

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I think others have said its just the cutoff line. For example, its so sharp that it is sensitive to changes in the terrain. Also, our trucks have very soft suspension so that in itself could be a factor.

But once you ******** a m&r 40", 30", and 20", or 4 visionx 8.7" lights and 2 led light cannons, I almost guarantee you won't notice any "light bounce" offroad!! :D:D:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FatalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, owned my 13 Raptor since March. My HID's bounce over practically any rough road surface. I personally am not bothered by it.

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't bother me either but adding a light bar when off-roading is a good idear...

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
added Retrofits...and yes it takes some getting used to...The razor sharp cut-off is great, but can take some time to adapt...try to use the high beams as much as possible...

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine "bounce" too. You get used to it. You also get used to other drivers thinking you have your brights on and flashing you.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Mine "bounce" too. You get used to it. You also get used to other drivers thinking you have your brights on and flashing you.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

He He same thing happens when I throw my phone down in the front cupholder and Don't realize my light cannons came on

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One of my OEM HID's is no longer working so I have to wonder about the quality of these?

OP
OP
Y

Yuuuup

Reaction score
Thank-you all for your input...just wanted to make sure it was an issue I needed to get looked at. I can live with the HID "bounce"!!!